Rockin M Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockin M Ranch

I was going to post this last spring, but I thought I would wait until the beginning of the season.

If any of you have ever thought about a trip to Wyoming, I would definitely recommend that you consider renting sleds and possibly staying at the Rockin M Ranch in Alpine. We rented from them last year during the Jackson Hill Climb and it was awesome. They have newer model water cooled sleds (2010 Doo's last year) and I think they have some Polaris Pros this year. This is no wimpy tourist outfit either, they drop you off at the trailhead and show you where to go - letting you explore on your own. This beats most other rental places in the area that equip you with a fan cooled sled and make you ride in a line. They will also provide a guide for the day if you want to really explore, or are not feeling adventurous enough to head out on your own. Renting the sleds from them was actually less expensive than the other outfitters.

The Alpine area is awesome. You can ride up the Greys River to Blind Bull, or hit one of the other areas on the way in/out. If we had any doubts that we were in an incredible spot leading up to the ride, seeing Bret Rasmussen and Chris Burandt and their filming crew in the Sno-Park put those to rest.

We didn't have the pleasure of staying at the Rockin M Ranch, but their guest cabins looked very comfortable and offered a more laid back and authentic atmosphere than touristy Jackson 37 miles up the road.

We will definitely be back this year, as renting a couple of sleds is way more convenient (and probably more economical) than dragging a trailer to Jackson.

Check them out at: http://www.rockinmranchwyoming.com/s...erentals.shtml
Working...
X