Fish Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish Lake

The Fish Lake CAT is back to Fish Lake. The groomer reports that all trails in this system should be groomed by this weekend.
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

RE: Fish Lake

Here is the word on the Fish Lake trails straight from the groomer's mouth:

These are all groomed as of today, it snowed all day with about 6" new at the Brown Mtn. shelter. The trails are in excellent shape and should be some fantastic riding this weekend

Comment

Well the snow keeps falling, the latest word from friends as of late Saturday was that at least 6 inches of new snow has fallen on Brown Mt.
      We're going to hit it on Sunday. The only good trail they found Saturday was sunset trail, it was was pretty good once you got away from the meadow and they followed it a while toward varney creek but it just dead ends there.
      Anybody know why the klamath club isn't grooming much this year?
      See ya on the trails later!
      Lead Follow or get the ---- out of the way!
      When in doubt Pin it !

Comment

The last of the budget money has been given out. Diesel delivered is double what it used to be but groomer allotments are still the same. Grooming good snow will give an average of maybe a gallon per mile. Working the snow after this last big dump a little too soon one cat got almost 3 gallons to the mile.
        Repairs come out of the same budget and the harder they are pushed the in bad snow bogie spindles bend, tracks get damaged, gear boxes overheat, cooling systems run max pressure...
        This remnant left in the budgets of all the cats if they have any left has to last out the season and it may be a little longer this year!
        When plotting out the calender this all has to be considered, thats why the rush of grooming this last week, it was pretty fair snow. This coming week looks good, night tempetures are ideal.
        Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
        and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Also, the Klamath club, which grooms Lake of the Woods area, groomed about 700 miles in January to prepare the trails for the OSSA convention. This took about 2/3 of their budget so they are on a limited schedule to conserve the funds they have so they can continue to groom until May.

Fish Lake has a small sno-park area and these trails have been groomed recently. You may consider starting from there or parking at Lake of the Woods and then cutting over to Fish Lake. The Fish Lake resort is also open on weekends and they have great food. I recently had their pancakes and although not a huge pancake fan, they were the best I have ever had. She adds a secret ingredient (which she will share with you).

Comment

Has GB enquired yet? He is the cook at multi-coalation trail parties and is quite talented in the pancake department..a cookoff of both recipes is of the highest priority!!

Comment

Having just returned from Fish Lake, I can tell you the trails are in excellent shape!! Even the few that haven't been groomed this week still look pretty good.

As for the pancakes, I have never had his. When I see him next week I will have to ask if he has ever had Debbie's at Fish Lake.

Comment

We have our playday this weekend so I will have to wait until next to check out the grub at fishlake!!

Comment

Working...
                X