diamond riding conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diamond riding conditions

so i know the highway just opened, but does anyone know what kinda riding conditions are awaiting us at Diamond? have the trails been able to be groomed at all? can you get to Crater? are most of the trails passable or no dice?

thanks for any info...
    Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

RE: diamond riding conditions

Diamond Lake has a top of the line groomer. I was told that they were grooming throughout the storm so the trails should be in pretty good shape. Snowmobiling is a money maker for them and they take grooming the trails seriously and I know that they pay at least one full time groomer. It's not like the clubs that depend on volunteers using old CAT's doing the best they can with the money they have.
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

Comment

Any one have a crystal ball?? I need an idea of what the weather is going to be next weekend, 15th, 16th, and 17th. I am thinking about flying out but don't really want to ride in a snow storm.
      2008 800 Summit XP X 154
      2010 800 Summit XRS 154

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlehead
        Any one have a crystal ball?? I need an idea of what the weather is going to be next weekend, 15th, 16th, and 17th. I am thinking about flying out but don't really want to ride in a snow storm.
        The Crater Lake forecast from NOAA right now is for mostly sunny Thursday, mostly cloudy Friday, and mostly cloudy Saturday. Weather Underground is calling for a slight chance of snow at Diamond Lake on Friday, with mostly cloudy Friday night and Sat. It looks like there are some small disturbances moving through over the next week. Who knows if they are going to do anything though.

Ben

Comment

just got back from an awesome weekend at diamond.. the weather was perfect yesterday was the best day... a lot like spring riding..... the trails were better on Friday but as the weekend progressed more and more quad/atv riders showed up and starting tearing the trails up... the groomers just couldnt keep up with the amount of traffic on them. but the trail to crater was perfect, trial up Baily was great to, dog prarie was open and good.... all around a good good weekend...when we pulled out this morning it was starting to rain and a storm looked like it was coming in.. i will post some pics soon...
          Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

I am so glad you enjoyed it. They always do a good job on trails and are so snowmobiler friendly. I do agree though that the ATV traffic has grown in the last few years and they do alot of damage to the trails. Luckily they are limited to where they can ride so I generally avoid those trails.

I am looking forward to this coming weekend as I have a room for Friday and Saturday night. I am taking my nieces with me and we are going to ride Friday and Sunday and work the Bailey $3000 on Saturday! It is alway fun...
            When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

Comment

from blizzard to spring in 2 weeks. snow is now in full spring conditions, hero snow all the way. was great for climbing this weekend, had to check my seat at the bottom of a couple of climbs to make sure it didn't get any rips on the way down! you can climb anything you've got the nerve to come back down, or in my case a couple you can go up but not want to come back down!!! should get a little fresh this week at night, highs during the days are gonna bring rain.

Comment

Working...
              X