Highway Closures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway Closures

We received a call from ODOT that they are closing several highways. Highway 62 is closed from Prospect all the way to Highway 97. Highway 230 is closed. Highway 138 is closed from Diamond Lake Resort to Highway 97. Please don't travel on these roads without checking Trip Check to see if they have been reopened.
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

RE: Highway Closures

thats no good as long as everything is open by thursday I am a happy camper. i will be heading down to diamond on thursday for along weekend. it looks like our route might be safe right now though, we go downe I-5 unitl we hit Roseburg then cut over on 138. but keep us posted on what is going on down there.
    Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

you asked for this?? We need a dust mask for the powder!!!
      Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
      and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

i think all of us asked for all this powder...... just think of the awesome spring riding we are goign to have... and how long this season is going to last..........wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

The roads should be open by Thursday. They are usually pretty good about keeping 138 and 230 open. This is the first time I remember them closing them. I will keep you posted though or you can check tripcheck.

Comment

Bad news. The highways are closed until at least Tuesday. And I believe they have closed more of highway 138 so Diamond Lake is now cut off. This afternoon I was told that Diamond Lake also lost all power. I understand it is a two fold problem as the snow blower is broken so there is no where to put all the plowed snow and also trees and falling because of all the weight of the snow.

I spoke to someone this morning who spent the last five days at Diamond Lake and who decided to come home yesterday. After he dug out his truck and trailer (over 2 feet on both) and chained up, he found he couldn't come home the normal way so he headed west on 138 toward Roseburg. The roads were pretty bad but there were many fallen trees, some he could go around and some not. He was stopped at one spot for over two hours as the road crew had to find a chainsaw. It took 7 hours to get from Diamond Lake to Medford (normally a hour and a half drive).

Comment

****.. stooopid snow?!?! we have been planning tis diamond trip since well a year ago.. so I hope that everything is open by Thursday.. my fingers are crossed...

Comment

The tentative reopen date for all highways near Diamond Lake and Crater Lake is on Wednesday (tomorrow). I see by the cameras that they must have their blower fixed as the road looks good now.....they just have to get all the downed trees out of the roads.

Comment

yeah the roads looked good when I looked earlier. i am still planning on pulling out of here at about noon on Thursday. hope we can get through ok.... cant wait to get ridin.....

Comment

Take Pics!! you will be in record snow. Do they make chainsaw scabbords for snowmobiles??
                    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
                    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

oh for sure pics and video will be taken.....we have been talking about how we could mount a chain saw on one of the sleds that is goign to be ridden by someone that doesnt quite ride like most of us do. we shall see i am counting down the days.. getting more and more excited....

Comment

Here is a picture of the ODOT workers truck that had the tree fall on him this past weekend on one of the closed highways. He was hurt pretty badly but he will have a full recovery.

If I remember the story correctly, this happened after they closed the highways.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Snowlover
                          Here is a picture of the ODOT workers truck that had the tree fall on him this past weekend on one of the closed highways. He was hurt pretty badly but he will have a full recovery.

If I remember the story correctly, this happened after they closed the highways.

There was somebody in that when it happened? Sick......

BEn

Comment

Yep, he was in there until another snow plow came along. That guy drug him out of the truck, called for medical help and had to take him down to Prospect in the snowplow to meet an ambulance who took him to a spot where they could helicopter him out.

J-Rad, highway 138 opened today so you can get to Diamond Lake. Highway 230 and 62 are still closed and the projected reopen date is now February 7th.

Comment

yeah pretty happy the 138 opened.. dont really know how much riding we are goign to be abel to do. wonder how bad the trails are???.. oh well atleast I will be somehwere other than at home with snow around me and my sled.. that is enough to make me a happy man...

Comment

Working...
                              X