Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Checking In - couple of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ted, after much internet studying, I decided to go with a new sled - not knowing anyone who rides up here, I'm on my own and wanted to ensure I had a very reliable sled - not saying yours won't be, but have more faith in new. I also went w/ a Ski Doo 600 as it seemed like a better sled to start with in terms of weight/power. I'll be waiting at the park to ask people if I can ride w/ them, but not knowing them well, who knows what would happen if i break down...so doing everything I can to reduce that potential. Good luck w/ selling yours - it looks awesome and was mighty tempting.

And thanks for all the input on here!

Comment

From what I've seen in my snowmobiling experience in both Alaska and Oregon: A breakdown seen by a fellow snowmobiler on any trail gets instant help... Anyone who drives by somebody that is broke down needs to remember that it could happen to them. I've seen average breakdowns (that just need a simple tool or spark plug) turn into a rescue situation in just a few hours.

I wouldn't worry there at all... Just make sure you know where you are at (where the nearest road is) and make it clear that you are in distress when somebody goes zooming by.

Just my .02 worth.
      '13 800 PRO RMK 163

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by 1badhusky View Post
        Hey Ted, after much internet studying, I decided to go with a new sled - not knowing anyone who rides up here, I'm on my own and wanted to ensure I had a very reliable sled - not saying yours won't be, but have more faith in new. I also went w/ a Ski Doo 600 as it seemed like a better sled to start with in terms of weight/power. I'll be waiting at the park to ask people if I can ride w/ them, but not knowing them well, who knows what would happen if i break down...so doing everything I can to reduce that potential. Good luck w/ selling yours - it looks awesome and was mighty tempting.

And thanks for all the input on here!
        No worries at all. Glad to see that you have a sled and are getting out there. That is what it is all about. Let us know if you ever get down this way, or want to come down this way and ride... You are welcome to join us.
        Tedd Unlimited - Dealer for Wary Avi Pack, Snowpulse, Klim, Ram Mounts, UTV Tech, UTV Inc, Factory UTV, RZ Mask, Pro Armor, Dragonfire Racing, Aerocharger Turbos, OMF Bead Locks, Heretic Lighting, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, Extreme Metal Products, ZBroz Racing/ARSFX, Pure Polaris, Can-Am parts & accessories, Ski-doo parts & accessories, and expanding.

Tedd Unlimited on Facebook

Comment

[QUOTE=Kilroy;5272]From what I've seen in my snowmobiling experience in both Alaska and Oregon: A breakdown seen by a fellow snowmobiler on any trail gets instant help...
          I wouldn't worry there at all...
          QUOTE]

I've heard this alot and figured it would be the case.

Ted - appreciate your understanding. I'd be stoked to come down and ride w/ you guys sometime.

Comment

Working...
          X