Mt. Adams this Sat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt. Adams this Sat!

Finally gonna get my first ride in - me and a buddy will be hitting up Mt. Adams on Saturday if anyone's interested.

which snopark?
    11 800 Pro
    02 550 sport touring
    04 Sabercat

Comment

not sure yet - thinking there may not be enough snow yet to hit up the upper area at snow king, so we may just head to berry fields.

you familiar w/ adams? have any thoughts on best place to ride there w/ the snow we have now?

Comment

I would hit the berry fields myself. snotel shows 40-45 inches at that elevation. http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/...ashington.html please head up there and pack down all those stumps!
        11 800 Pro
        02 550 sport touring
        04 Sabercat

Comment

So, you're saying still pretty risky to go off trail?

Which snotel site is mt adams berry fiels?

Comment

We tend to look at the suprise lakes snotel. Similar area and elevation as the berry fields. Until we get a little rain to settle and pack the base, I'd stay on the trails. If it weren't for the civil war this weekend we'd be headed that direction.
            11 800 Pro
            02 550 sport touring
            04 Sabercat

Comment

Cool - thanks for the snotel tip.

That's a bummer about staying on the trail, but good advice - first time out last year and guy i was with ripped his front left ski right off.

Maybe we'll just go to Mt. Hood.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badhusky View Post
                Cool - thanks for the snotel tip.

That's a bummer about staying on the trail, but good advice - first time out last year and guy i was with ripped his front left ski right off.

Maybe we'll just go to Mt. Hood.
                Im looking for someone to ride with sunday.. Cant make it tomorrow. Anyone up for sunday?
                let me know.
                [email protected]

I ride a 2012 M1100 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                X