Trails in Sumpter Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trails in Sumpter Oregon

Hey Snowmobilers, if you're headed our way to hit the trails, we have lots of deep snow and more on the way! Riders have been reporting soft snow off trails so boondoggers need to be real careful! We don't worry too much about avalanches here but the real dangers are unseen obstacles such as downed trees, rocks, etc. and soft snow. Visit our trail report for updated information or send us an email: [email protected]
    \"Clean Mountain Surfing in Sumpter, Oregon!\"

RE: Trails in Sumpter Oregon

Originally posted by sumptersam
    Hey Snowmobilers, if you're headed our way to hit the trails, we have lots of deep snow and more on the way! Riders have been reporting soft snow off trails so boondoggers need to be real careful! We don't worry too much about avalanches here but the real dangers are unseen obstacles such as downed trees, rocks, etc. and soft snow. Visit our trail report for updated information or send us an email: [email protected]
    Hey SumpterSam

How's the riding over in Sumpter? Have you been getting these same storms as they head east? If so, what kind of accumulation are you getting? I have been watching the NOAA forecasts for Sumpter and they look good, but was wondering what it looks like for real.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben
      Hey SumpterSam

How's the riding over in Sumpter? Have you been getting these same storms as they head east? If so, what kind of accumulation are you getting? I have been watching the NOAA forecasts for Sumpter and they look good, but was wondering what it looks like for real.

Ben
      just spoke to the grooming chairman yesterday and he says there is over a foot of new powder on the trails and so difficult to work that the groomer won't even be going out every day....they are low on the fuel budget but they will go out and groom before poker run for sure. we've got over a foot of new snow here in town alone, and it's snowing hard and steady right now! i'll have a picture later today. How are things in the middle of the state?

Comment

just spoke to the grooming chairman yesterday and he says there is over a foot of new powder on the trails and so difficult to work that the groomer won't even be going out every day....they are low on the fuel budget but they will go out and groom before poker run for sure. we've got over a foot of new snow here in town alone, and it's snowing hard and steady right now! i'll have a picture later today. How are things in the middle of the state?
        We are getting some great snow. Roughly 6-10 inches in Bend overnight, with 11" new at Bachelor just since 5 AM this morning. Snow in town is tapering and it is warming a little. The mountains look like they are getting pounded. With all the snow and varying temps I am sure the avy danger is there. I think I will check and post in general.

Ben

Comment

Hey, I was curios if you may know how much snow is up around Greenhorn/Vinegar Hill. We haven't been up there yet this year, but are planning to go on Wednesday of next week. Thanks in advance, Toby.
          By the way, I lived up in Sumpter for about 4 years when I was a kid. Great place to live. I miss that area alot. Both me and my wife's family all live in Baker City so we're there alot.
          "IF YOUR GONNA BE STUPID, YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH!"

07' M-1K. Speedwerx pipe, y-pipe and can. SLP intake, Power Commander V programed by Eric at the Racing station, VForce 3 reeds, 4-post primary clutch w/a billet spider (bulletproof) and lots of venting.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashcat900
            Hey, I was curios if you may know how much snow is up around Greenhorn/Vinegar Hill. We haven't been up there yet this year, but are planning to go on Wednesday of next week. Thanks in advance, Toby.
            By the way, I lived up in Sumpter for about 4 years when I was a kid. Great place to live. I miss that area alot. Both me and my wife's family all live in Baker City so we're there alot.
            I grew up in bc and worked these hills in Sumpter all through high school so it's awesome that i get to live here now! Can't think of a better area to live! As for your question, I know we have over 145 inches on the ground in town, so Greenhorn most likely has a lot more but beware of drifts, very soft snow off and on the trails and keep in mind our groomer isn't going out every day as usual and just broke down a couple of days ago. i'll try to get you more details about Greenhorn asap.

Comment

Working...
            X