2009 Skandic Tundra 300 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Skandic Tundra 300 problem

A friend and I recently put a new boot/airbox on the inlet side of the carburetor since the old one was split, cleaned the carb. jets, and and installed a new plug with the correct gap. While it was in the shop, after backing it off the truck and in, it ran terribly ----- missing, backfiring, not revving up well at all. After changing the boot we started the machine and it ran and revved very well so we assumed the boot was the issue. Next time I went to use the machine, it started fine, idled fine, and reversed off the truck fine.

When I went to run it up a road (easy running on a packed road) it missed, backfired, and failed to rev up. When we tried to back up to turn it around and go back to the truck, it did not go into reverse. It did continue to idle as if the reverse button were totally disconnected. It then popped and missed back down to the truck. We restarted it easily on the truck, backed off (used reverse no problem), and ran very well up the road for a couple of hundred meters so I went to turn around and it wouldn't go into reverse just like before ---- no change in idle speed, no response to the button at all. It popped and missed back down the road where I loaded it and left it loaded.

We think it is an electronic issue but are not sure where to look or what to have tested. A complicating factor is no BRP dealer closer than a 3 hour drive from here so I am reluctant to spend a day driving to drop off the machine for diagnosis then another day to go back to pick it up. My friend is very mechanically capable but doesn't have any computer diagnostic equipment to plug into the sled if that is even possible.

Any ideas??

Not familiar with your sled but it sounds like your tss-throttle safety switch. Check the slack in your throttle cable.

Comment

Turned out to be a faulty ignition module. Easy to replace but an expensive fix!

Comment

Working...
      X