Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil and go juice

Hey guys,

Just looking for some opinions/ advice here on what fluids would be best in a Ski-doo 600cc H.O., I am asking because there seems to be several different brands out there that claim to be just as good as the next. Are there any brands that stand out from the other? I ran a full synthetic in my car when I tracked it and I never had a problem so I would like to stick with a full synthetic in the sled. What are you guys using and how much did you pay for it (if you dont mind saying). Also, do any of you guys use power additives? I know there are also several different types and brands out there. I just want to make sure that I am getting the most out of the sled and protecting it.

Does your engine have exhaust valves? If so, a synthetic oil is preferred, as the amount of carbon buildup on the valves is reduced. I use Amsoil in my sleds, it works fine. I've used other full synthetic oils as well and they work fine too. If you don't have power valves to gum up, use any oil that meets the recommendation of the manufacturer. Most non-valve engines require TC-W3 rated oil, but check for your requirements.

About the only additive I use is a half can of SeaFoam at the start of each season to help keep the injectors in my sleds clean. I did the same thing on all the carb sleds I have, it helps keep the jets clean. It won't clean a dirty carb but it will definitely help keep a clean carb clean.

If you can avoid alcohol-infested fuel, that is also a good thing to do. Alcohol seems to cause a TON of problems in two-stroke motors. And use fuel that meets the octane requirement of the sled. Using 91 in a sled that is designed for 87 can waste a bunch of money for no real benefit.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

I just use the Ski Doo XPS Synthetic Stuff they make two versions I think a regular and synthetic. My manual says the regular is fine but I use the synthetic. '14 Summit . Honestly I don't think it matters that much.

I have a huge jug that Pro Caliber here in bend refills for me.

Comment

Working...
      X