macgyver xp secondary tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to cheap to buy a compressor.can i just stand on the clutch and remove the 4 bolts like the old polaris clutches?thought i would ask before i do something stupid and get hurt .LOL
    Attached Files

Can't u use the threaded rod? B easy to take off ur way( I think)... Prolly b a bear to get it lined up & back together tho IMO.
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengarage View Post
      Prolly b a bear to get it lined up & back together tho IMO.
      thats what im thinking too.threads are like 2 inches with jackshaft welded in there.

Comment

just bored and never could see the engine in this thing and started takeing parts off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	60078

Comment

The best thing I ever did to mine was put the team setup in it. unbelievable difference.
          11 Pro 800 155
          03 Summit 550 fan
          08/10 Dragon 800 155 FOR SALE
          01 RMK 550 fan

crosscreekgc.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
          well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
          worn out, and loudly proclaiming
          WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Comment

team would be cool.

Comment

has anybody took that plate off and greased the crank bearing?

Comment

think this will work?or will the 2 by 8 hit me in the face.LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	60079

Comment

must work today.so i better try it later

Comment

I'm no ski-doo guy(maybe this proves it) but WHY is the jack shaft still in the clutch? Broke? Supposed to be that way? Diff. ways to remove the assembly? If the jack shaft was out one should b able to use the threaded rod. Clamps might work to- just seems a lil more unstable.
                    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Comment

maybe the jack shaft does come off.LOL.i better search around and find out.

Comment

theres no bolt holding the cluch on so i dont think it comes off

Comment

Is there a key on the shaft?... Maybe it's seized on there. Can you put some penetrating oil on, leave it sit overnight then tap the shaft w/ a wood or brass mallet? How bout a few more pics of where the shaft runs in thru the clutch. Maybe another "Doo guy" can chime in and let us know. I just can't imagine it doesn't come off, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Hell, maybe it does stay on and you disassemble on the shaft. Need a puller for the inner sheave????
                            http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/99052-removing-fxed-half-of-clutch-without-puller/

Comment

Maybe this will help. I don't think I know a darn thing 'bout Doo clutches ...sorry moon.
                              Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXv11nOzCH8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                              X