Clear All

is this an alright deal??

2006 summit x 151 track with 3000 miles
    Rebuilt secondary and primary

I wanna make a smart choice so any input will help

The wants 4100

Comment

Thats about the right price for that sled.

Comment

At about 3000mi your looking at an engine rebuild top and bottom end before 4000 so take that into account, it really depends how much you ride, maybe you'll get a season or two before it grenades on you and maybe yours will go to 5000 miles (not likely), parts for the job go for about $8-900 if you shop around and a long weekend, maybe parts of two).. Definitley do at least a compression check, should be 140-146 PTO and MAG sides both cold and hot and within about 6 psi of each other both cold and hot, if it's much lower than that or changes much from cold to hot you are looking at pistons and rings before the snow flies (easy job). Look at the carb boots for cracking of the rubber, there has been issues with these cracking on many Doos, and not on others but it's actually cheaper to replace with V-force reeds or Boyensen rage cages than the stock Doo boots. Look at the A arms and NUN for bendy bits and whitish ghoasting, tears or crinkles to the Aluminum behind the can and/or primary clutch.

That is about the right price range for that sled once the snow starts flying, maybe a little high for tis time of year and there should be some wiggle room using the pending rebuild as a good arguing point, $3500 would be better.

Go with cash in hand, do the compression check, if the sled still looks good then offer $3200, be prepared to walk away, if they bite, take the $900 you just saved and order up a b-load of parts and do that rebuild now and your will be super solid when the snow finally flies and you will know ALLOT more abut how your sled ticks and that's generally a good thing.

Best of luck

Comment

If that sleds from J.Brown (on this forum) it's a fairly clean sled and as mentioned above that's a fair price once the fall is upon us.

Comment

Sled is on crags list not to far from me and I texted with the guy today and got him down to 3700.. I'll sleep on that till weekend and go look at it with cash like u said.
            Thank for the in put I'll let u know what happens

Comment

im with him on what he said about j.brown his sled runs like a top! i wouldnt think j.brown would sell his sled though.

Comment

only $3000 more will buy a 09 xp.

Comment

That's to much more lol

Comment

What's better on the 09 xp vs 06 rev

Comment

For this time of the year the price is high. Talk him down to 3,500 or less and put pistons in it and balance the clutch before you ride it. you'll have a great sled that will last a few seasons before needs anything again.

The rev is such a good chassis it's hard to spend the extra on a xp unless you find a screaming deal. I almost bought a 08' xp for 4,000 last fall but I backed out. It did need a little work.

Comment

Could someone tell me if a 2005 summit 1000ho. Is fuel injected??

Comment

Don't even consider one, unless you own a yatch then you could use it as an anchor!

Comment

It does appear to be injected and with extra weight as well, as 2stroke said
                            Last edited by Greengarage; 07-11-12, 04:19 PM.
                            When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Comment

the chicks like xp riders better.LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X