Testing the stator on 2001 Summit 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dualmoto View Post
    Hate to say it but I've got a Cat, a Polaris, and a Doo.... And out of the three the old school polaris is the bulletproof sled. Just my luck I guess. I also own a chevy and a ford. Lol
    You "brand loyal" people are just too picky! LOL, ...it's nice to have a selection
    Last edited by Greengarage; 05-09-12, 02:44 PM.
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Comment

Well I got the new stator in the mail today and the first thing I did was test the windings with the ohm meter... 16 ohms! Sweet! At this point I was pretty sure I had the problem solved but didn't know for sure until I started it. All in all the job really wasn't too bad. The impact wrench was an essential tool for removal which eliminates the problem of the motor spinning and the toughest part was getting the rubber grommet seated properly where the wires exit the case because it is tough to get at. It would have probably been easier if I would have pulled the carbs and airbox. Now I just need to go burn the full tank of fuel out of it this weekend and put it away for the season!

Comment

BTW, how many posts do I have to have before the "Rookie" goes away? (hate that) lol

Comment

Testing the stator on 2001 Summit 800

Right on! 16 ohms never looked so good....rookie. J/k
          When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Comment

Working...
          X