2009 skidoo summit 800r setup help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I recently purchased a 2009 Summit 800r with a 163 track coming off a 2007 M8 154 and I cant seem to get the Skidoo to be nimble and "jibby" no matter what I try. I ride mountain only and so far have removed the sway bar and tried all the suspension settings I know but still can't seem to make the sled to throw over on its side. Am I dooing something wrong or did I buy the wrong sled? So hard to ride them in powder and get rad before you buy these things, and I'm 6'2 with a svelte 210 pound build. What's up Doo riders?

How wide is your track. I was having similar issues with my 06 800 151. I dialed the front shocks and the front rear shock way back. (softer). This made the sled respond much more to my body English. I wouldn't say it is flickable but most likely it is because I am not a great rider. But tuning the shocks softer made all the difference for side Hilling and down hill turns

Comment

is your sway bar still hooked up? if so try and take it off. i took mine off and what a difference. so much easier to throw around.

Comment

on my 09 Summit X this is what i did. sway bar off, soften the front shocks, narrow the skis, soften the mid spring, adjust the rear springs to limit sag and shorten the skid strap as short as it will go. i hate to say it but there is no way to make it lay over like an M. if you give it some time it will feel normal until you get back on the M. hope this does it for you.
        11 Pro 800 155
        03 Summit 550 fan
        08/10 Dragon 800 155 FOR SALE
        01 RMK 550 fan

crosscreekgc.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
        well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
        worn out, and loudly proclaiming
        WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Comment

schooledbymoon $19.95.

Comment

Add more preload on your front track spring, a fair bit more, should help get the weight off the skis and onto the track which is narrower and will lay over easier.

Many guys have ended up with 36" front ends on these...

Or just buy the schoolbymoon, he can ride his better then most of the guys i see riding pros

Comment

Originally posted by moon View Post
              schooledbymoon $19.95.
              hey i took his class and it helped. im still waiting on the part were i can lay the sled over though. Lol

Comment

A 2 wheel kit should also help! 16" wide track makes it a little harder to lay over. Use your size to your advantage! You shouldn't have to muscle it over....

Wes Adams
                Mr.Triple
                Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
                2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
                2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
                2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
                2001 Polaris 500 SP
                ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Comment

I added the 2 wheel kit and a 10" riser. This helped a bunch but its still taking more effort than it should. I had the M1000 long track a couple years ago and it was much much easier. The stock track is 16" wide. I took the sway bar off and I will try the suspension recommendations. Thanks guys!

Comment

hows everything working out for you?

Comment

Master, how narrow on the front end 38.5" or 36". I have it all taken apart so now is the time!

Comment

Working...
                      X