lowered handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowered handlebars

Lowered my bars today per suggestion on schooled 3. Feels like it brings me forward and locks me in. I'll update when I actually get to ride

Is the video worth buying?

Comment

Bret Rasmussen covered that very question when I took his clinic last year. He said that Burandt is 6', and he takes his down lower than stock as well.

Comment

I think that if you are doing the serious sidehilling, treed riding that the boys in the videos do, then lowering the bars make sense. However, most of the people I know spend their days riding some trails, and then playing the rest of the day on various other terrains, not exclusively limited to sidehilling. Personally, I could not ride all day and wear my backpack with lowered bars. Changing my stance from one that was hunched over, to one that was upright, was a key element in my development as a rider. I cannot imagine going back to lower bars.

I'd like to hear how you liked it though. I do feel that bar set-up is completely a personal preference.
        www.TeddUnlimited.com
        www.Facebook.com/TeddUnlimited.com

Comment

Amber Holt recommends that to determine bar height for all around riding - you should stand on the sled with your feet in/near the footwells with a neutral stance (not standing straight up and not squatted way down). When you are standing over your bars, with your hands on the grips, your elbows should be slightly flexed. She says that if your elbows have too much flex in them while riding it leads to premature arm fatigue.

In my case I am just over 6' with my boots on. She said that normally the stock height on the Pro RMK would be slightly high for someone my size. However, she felt my sled fit me pretty well.

Mileage may vary on all of this, just sharing what people with a lot of experience have told me about bar height. You need to find what works best for you.

Comment

Finding that "just right" bar height and throttle position has been critical for me in avoiding tendonititis in my forearms. This is the first season that I've not had any issues. YAY!! However, I have been experiencing right shoulder issues and from starting my sled, so the next one will have electric start.
            www.TeddUnlimited.com
            www.Facebook.com/TeddUnlimited.com

Comment

Arctic Cat Sno Pro w/ adjustable handlebar height FTW!

Comment

Just went for a ride today. First of all it was a stuck fest from the first side hill to all the way to backing out the car. But man was it deep. Face shots and trenches for all. Love the lowered bars. It really sucked me forward and locked me in. I founds that while side hilling and meadow surfing and tree riding i was no longer just pulling up and over the high side bar but i was able to apply downward pressure to the hill side of the bar. it was nice to equalize the work. It is at a hight that i am not hunched over i am just standing in the athletic stance. I think the biggest bonus was that when i lost a side hill i didnt have to reach so far to regain the lower side of the bar. All gain no loss for me. 5'6" and 145 with all my gear on. 3-4 inch riser i think.

Comment

man i wish i could have rode today with you justin. i really hate havin a bum shoulder. did you get any pics?

Comment

No pics. Neither of us carry a camera. We went out for a quick two hours and spent about 45 minutes of it digging out a group of lost sledders and re orienting them

Comment

oh crap. good thing you guys stopped and helped. one things for sure. at least you got out and rode. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X