Best mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mod

alright so tax season is here and i am thinking about doing some stuff to my sled. but i want to know what most of you think is the best bang for your buck. I ride an 06 polaris 600HO RMK. all i have done to it so far is a can and some billet stuff to look good.

but what would you all suggest going with next. I was thinking some skiis. I want to be able to turn a lot better but going faster isnt ever a bad thing so who knows..

tell me what you all think... thanks in advance
    Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

RE: Best mod

Originally posted by J-Rad
    I ride an 06 polaris 600HO RMK. all i have done to it so far is a can and some billet stuff to look good.
    Lets see a photo of the sled and aftermarket bling.......

Ben

Comment

i got to get some new pics... soon as the snow quits a bit I will pull it out of the trailer. its not much but I like it. my father-in-laws sled is bad *** its a 900RMK and it has a custom paint job I will pics of that one too...

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

My best mod, by far, has been bar risers. Second best...BOSS seat. But I'm on an Edge.
        www.TeddUnlimited.com
        www.Facebook.com/TeddUnlimited.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oregongirl
          My best mod, by far, has been bar risers. Second best...BOSS seat. But I'm on an Edge.
          Any chance you can post a pic or two of your sled? My friend has an Edge and he wants to put a riser on it. I think if he saw the seat he might go for it too.

Thanks!

Ben

Comment

we have 3 IQ's and one edge oh and the lone artic cat to stay around camp. but all of the polaris's have risers... awesome improvement, also we threw a can on our 600 edge and it made it a whole new sled

Comment

Most bang for buck is a turbo but you have to do the whole thing at once! The dragon 800 turbo and the 600 rmk turbo from last year from Sunny Dee were sure impressive at Swan Lake last week. Action motor sports in klamath has a fst switchback stock turbo and its fast..and big horse power gains by flashing computer.
              Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
              and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

gosh i wish I could turbo the sled I had a turboed nissan sentra for a little while. man nothing like the sound of a turbo spoolin...my in-law has nitrous on his sled but hasnt got to use it yet caseu of the crazy amounts of POW.

i was thinking about getting ideas in the lower end of the budget spectrum...what skiis whould you all recommend? what about bars, or suspenion system....

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rad
                  gosh i wish I could turbo the sled I had a turboed nissan sentra for a little while. man nothing like the sound of a turbo spoolin...my in-law has nitrous on his sled but hasnt got to use it yet caseu of the crazy amounts of POW.

i was thinking about getting ideas in the lower end of the budget spectrum...what skiis whould you all recommend? what about bars, or suspenion system....
                  One of the chiloquin club, Gary has the 10 1/2" simmons and loves them, floats better, less stucks and wider stance turns better on trails. They look like a snowhawk ski. Roll the chaincase if needed to get on top, less trenching. Take off excess weight, helps a lot even with big guys.Tall risers make a sled feel light in the trees if the steering post is strong enough...Ive broke 3 on my sled. Tune the clutches and the jetting for our area..these are all little things that dont show, nobody can touch your sled!! I have seen 159's stuck in trees trying to keep up with 136 500!!

Comment

yeah for sure... i dont know much about clutching and that stuff yet.. but i want to do research ad learn as much as I can.... one of the guys in my club has those same simmons skis.. i think he only used them for half a season and for some reason is gtting rid of them ... I dont know for sure why thought, maybe I will ask him... what do you mean by roll the chain case?????

and what do you suggest to do for weight reduction???

Comment

what do you mean by roll the chain case?????
                      Very inexpensive and effective mod for powder..A template is used to drill new holes in the tunnel that moves the drive shaft down. This reduces the leading edge angle of the track making it get up on snow easier. It puts a little more of the track in contact with the snow. Mine is rolled so far the sprockets are at the belly pan and the bottom of the chaincase protrudes. This isnt the setup for those who like to ride over rocks! But..it adds almost a foot of track working the powder, thats like adding 24 inches to your track length. New powder sleds are rolled down a little right from the factory and a full roll dosnt help as much.

and what do you suggest to do for weight reduction???

When I had the tunnel drilled I stripped it of anything that didnt have to be there, and if something lighter was cheap I used it. I got a lighter seat off a newer wrecked sled, a complete performance exhaust also a lot lighter, a newer longer track a lot lighter, I also moved my rear suspension back to accomodate it -Big benefit it rides a lot better.Union Bay removed a lot of excess metal too! (Used motor)

Comment

Hi All,

Sounds like a lot of great MOD ideas. I have a 07 600 RMK with a 155" track. This year I installed a 660 big bore kit, SLP pipe, V-force Reeds, Bored carbs, gutted air box, extra air inlets balanced crank balanced flywheel and clutch, and of course new clutch spring, weights and helix. As far as bang for the buck???? not really sure, however it will out run any stock 700 (except yours of course) out there. It's light and fast (for a small block). Bottom line....you still cant beat big displacement and horse power.

Comment

It will out run mine, The timing was off when I changed the trigger coil as a test..My hearing is bad and I didnt hear the detonation..You know the rest of this story. Its ready to go back together now.

Comment

Working...
                          X