Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingcat Bogging down, exhaust can problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingcat Bogging down, exhaust can problem?

I just picked up this sled today and wanted to know if the stock exhaust can vs. an aftermarket can one would have a large affect on the performance. It is an 05’ Kingcat EFI and I was told it runs well but just recently began to bog under heavy load (hill climbing) I checked the compression of both cylinders and they seem normal and very similar but it has an aftermarket exhaust can. Could this be causing the problem? Any ideas on what to check for?
    Last edited by bowerman61028; 02-21-09, 09:57 AM.
    '08 M1000 153 A work in progress
    Tracker 2 Beacon, Dakine Probe, Voile Shovel, BCA Float 30

The more we sweat in practice the less we bleed in battle.

Cans are cool and any reason is a good one to buy one but Check the clutches, check for cracks, clean them, Have an experienced Cat guy look at them. This assumes your belt is still in spec. Look at your plugs next time you are on the hill. Start with a new set of plugs.
    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tonight.
      '08 M1000 153 A work in progress
      Tracker 2 Beacon, Dakine Probe, Voile Shovel, BCA Float 30

The more we sweat in practice the less we bleed in battle.

Comment

if it's loss of top rpm's check your power valves

Comment

You may have to adjust your spring on your secondary. What are your RPM's @. You should be running at around 7600-7800. If you are running higher you're missing your peak RPM range and when you over rev like that you loose HP.
          You have 5 holes for your spring to set in. I believe to the left soften's it and to the right makes it tighter. I had to move mine to the left one hole from factory because of the same issue. I was running @ 8200 RPM's with my new can (The Thing) I adjusted the spring and it got my RPM's back down and it ran great again. And yes for sure check your power valves. Make sure that someone didn't put one in upside down.
          Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.
          Last edited by Smashcat900; 02-22-09, 06:26 PM.
          "IF YOUR GONNA BE STUPID, YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH!"

07' M-1K. Speedwerx pipe, y-pipe and can. SLP intake, Power Commander V programed by Eric at the Racing station, VForce 3 reeds, 4-post primary clutch w/a billet spider (bulletproof) and lots of venting.

Comment

Working...
          X