2004 king cat 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 king cat 900

900 king cat motor wont hold any pressure. Have replaced every seal in the motor.
    Done all the checks with soapy water cant find anything leaking!! Any ideas.

Are you talking cylinder pressure? Have you done a compression test?

Comment

900 king cat

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      900 king cat motor wont hold any pressure. Have replaced every seal in the motor.
      Rebuilt motor after unknown reason for cylinder stick. Figured a seal was
      Bad and sucking air replaced seals put back together obviously with new piston and rings.
      Tried to do a pressure test not a compression test and wouldnt hold any air couldnt even get gauge to go up. Tore back down and replaced every seal and still wont hold anything. Starts up and runs great. Worried to go run it hard.

Comment

900 king cat

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Rebuilt motor after unknown reason for cylinder stick. Figured a seal was
        Bad and sucking air replaced seals put back together obviously with new piston and rings.
        Tried to do a pressure test not a compression test and wouldnt hold any air couldnt even get gauge to go up. Tore back down and replaced every seal and still wont hold anything. Starts up and runs great. Worried to go run it hard.

Comment

No did not do compression test but did the pressure test thru the spark plug figured with new piston and rings wouldnt need to do compression test. Was told motor should hold pressure.

Comment

Well if it starts up and runs great it must have compression, so it is holding cylinder pressure. When you say cylinder stick you mean it seized a piston?

Comment

Originally posted by 89sandman View Post
              Well if it starts up and runs great it must have compression, so it is holding cylinder pressure. When you say cylinder stick you mean it seized a piston?
              Yes. Put wiseco pistons back in when i rebuilt it first time, then first ride out 4 miles down the trIl motor seized again. Not sure if i cold seized it or was sucking air. Put oem pistons back in and all seals. Whether or not i cold seized it still doesnt explain motor not holding pressure. Im not a new rider been riding since i was little but never had experience with wiseco pistons read later guys were saying you have to let wiseco pistons warm up forever.

Comment

What did the cylinders look like?

Comment

How are you doing the test? In a 2-stroke engine, you need to have a sealed crankcase. A way to block off the intake and exhaust is necessary. Use some kind of plate bolted to both, and add a gauge and a way to add air through the plates. Pump to about 5 psi. A bicycle pump works great for that. 5 psi should be enough air to find any leaks; spray soapy water around the seals/crankcase halves, cylinder gaskets, etc. to find any leaks. Any more pressure than 5 psi may blow the seals.

Comment

Not sure how to describe. The cylinder wall had deposits of aluminum stuck to them and piston had streak looking marks going up and down. My main issue is the motor not holding air. Used a friends kit wich had everything in it to block off intake and exhaust double checked everything that needed to be pinched off and am at a loss why it wont hold any pressure again replaced all the seals and spraying soapy water to see areas that would be leaking. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes i did all of that. Have pressure pump kit from friend designed for this check. This one hooks up to spark plug threads and pump in thhru there. All new seals, motor was back together eveything blocked or pinched off and while pumping air bro spraying it to look for leaks. And cant even get it to build pressure. Confused ��

Comment

I'm quite confused... if the sled runs then why are you worried? Do a simple compression test and if it checks out run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I'm quite confused... if the sled runs then why are you worried? Do a simple compression test and if it checks out run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Worried cause i dont just ride the meadows lol i ride hard and if it doesnt hold presure where is the air going which means it might be sucking air and dont want to be caught in the backcountry. But ok will do compression test and ride it thanks for you guys answering these posts. Praise God for the counrty we get to ride in be blessed

Comment

Working...
                          X