What Goggles to buy and why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Goggles to buy and why???

Needing a new pair of Goggles, wanting something light, comfortable, doesn't freeze and reasonable in price. What do you have and would you buy them again. Looking for lenses that don't scratch very easily also.
    craterlandscape.com

I have worn the Smith Cascade Classic goggle for about 15 years now. It is comfortable amber lens which is dark enough for bright days but the right color to help with contrast on dark days. The lens has no mirror coating to scratch and the best part. 27 dollars sometimes on sale for 15. Oh and it is made to fit helmets and have no forehead gap.

Comment

I'm not an expert by any means but I bought a pair of the 509's last year and they do really good. When they do fog up it's only when I'm stopped and they instantly clear up as soon as I get going again. I was using Bolle prior to that. They are all right now they are back ups but I haven't had to us them sense I got the others.

Comment

I have (3) pairs of 501 and love them but last fall I bought these just because I wanted to take videos of our ride. Their fantastic but not cheep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000-Liquid-Image-Apex-Plus-Wi-Fi-1080p-HD-Video-Snow-Goggles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	62365
        The Apex HD is a Full HD Video/12MP Photo Snow Goggle. This new model features a rotating camera lens height adjustable within 30 degrees to dial in the best camera angle for your stance whether you board, ski, or ride a snowmobile. The Apex HD records video in 1080P at 30fps and features a HIGH ACTION mode of 720P at 60fps for smooth motion. The audio features wind guard technology for high quality sound. This new model also features a continuous shot photo mode. Still images are recorded at 12.0MP. The 135 degree camera lens positioned just above the eyes captures True POV footage of everything you see on the go as with the original models from Liquid Image released in 2011. New features on this model include a streamlined frame with a spherical lens. The compartments for batteries and memory are diverted to the sides, creating a more aerodynamic design with better weight distribution. The Helmet Compatible Apex HD comes with two anti-fog, 100% UV Protected lens (Gold Ionized & Amber lenses included with 338W and Ionized & Amber lenses included with 338BLK). The face foam is replaceable to change out as needed.

The product includes one strap to customize the look of the goggle along with everything you need for a day of recording on the slopes; includes a 4GB Micro SDHC card, rechargeable battery, and USB cable for download and charging

Comment

Ouch those are expensive.

Originally posted by CrescentLake View Post
          I have (3) pairs of 501 and love them but last fall I bought these just because I wanted to take videos of our ride. Their fantastic but not cheep.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5134[/ATTACH]
          The Apex HD is a Full HD Video/12MP Photo Snow Goggle. This new model features a rotating camera lens height adjustable within 30 degrees to dial in the best camera angle for your stance whether you board, ski, or ride a snowmobile. The Apex HD records video in 1080P at 30fps and features a HIGH ACTION mode of 720P at 60fps for smooth motion. The audio features wind guard technology for high quality sound. This new model also features a continuous shot photo mode. Still images are recorded at 12.0MP. The 135 degree camera lens positioned just above the eyes captures True POV footage of everything you see on the go as with the original models from Liquid Image released in 2011. New features on this model include a streamlined frame with a spherical lens. The compartments for batteries and memory are diverted to the sides, creating a more aerodynamic design with better weight distribution. The Helmet Compatible Apex HD comes with two anti-fog, 100% UV Protected lens (Gold Ionized & Amber lenses included with 338W and Ionized & Amber lenses included with 338BLK). The face foam is replaceable to change out as needed.

The product includes one strap to customize the look of the goggle along with everything you need for a day of recording on the slopes; includes a 4GB Micro SDHC card, rechargeable battery, and USB cable for download and charging
          craterlandscape.com

Comment

Oakley. Look at their website: No BS. Then go find them on sale: Usually easy. By far the best lenses IMO

Comment

Originally posted by rambob View Post
              Oakley. Look at their website: No BS. Then go find them on sale: Usually easy. By far the best lenses IMO
              I have been looking at the Oakley. My main concern is the fogging. I hate when you have a good deep pow day and everything is wet and you can't see sh!t!!!!
              If only they made a guaranteed no fog lens. I could see paying a decent price to see.
              craterlandscape.com

Comment

Amen to the wet and no see days. It's worse when you have glasses. Seeing is NOT over-rated!!

Comment

i learned long ago to treat your goggles like gold on snowy days. on those days mine go in the engine compartment everytime i stop. i have run several different types and have had good sucess with all of them. just of course make sure your running dual lense. i'm with rambob i run oakleys.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't more conversation on this thread. Maybe they all have the perfect goggles and not wanting to share or they can't see either on those really wet days. Ron I have the goggle bag I strap to the inside of the hood and change out in those conditions but still not enough.
                    I WANT THE PERFECT GOGGLE!!!!!

By the way Dan have you looked into the prescription goggles. I think dad had a Uvex pair 10 years ago but thinking there are more and better now. You are getting a double whammy there and can see where it stinks.
                    craterlandscape.com

Comment

What stinks is riding along in grey-out conditions and getting bounced off because your sled falls into a hole you didn't even see. You should have taken pics of that

I'm thinking Lasix is in my near future. Then I will go back to this thread to see what kind of goggles to get

Comment

Originally posted by BCDan View Post
                        What stinks is riding along in grey-out conditions and getting bounced off because your sled falls into a hole you didn't even see. You should have taken pics of that

I'm thinking Lasix is in my near future. Then I will go back to this thread to see what kind of goggles to get
                        Shoot I have 20/20 I don't think anything would have helped. That and I think you were digging me out that day!!!! Were even!!!!
                        craterlandscape.com

Comment

I have been running with Oakley M-Frames (I believe) for several years now. They have worked great. The only thing that has made them better was installing the 509 goggle fan. This combo has been the best setup I have found so far. Just my opinion though.
                          Tedd Unlimited - Dealer for Wary Avi Pack, Snowpulse, Klim, Ram Mounts, UTV Tech, UTV Inc, Factory UTV, RZ Mask, Pro Armor, Dragonfire Racing, Aerocharger Turbos, OMF Bead Locks, Heretic Lighting, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, Extreme Metal Products, ZBroz Racing/ARSFX, Pure Polaris, Can-Am parts & accessories, Ski-doo parts & accessories, and expanding.

Tedd Unlimited on Facebook

Comment

I bring two to three PR gloves.and two to three pair goggles. When the last of either gets broken out I know its time.to head to the car.

Comment

I have scott XI with nose gaurd I have had 2 pair for 8 years or so my wife has the same goggles. Goggle warmer is great nothing like puling out a dry warm pair every time you need them My oldest boy got a pair of 509's and he has no problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X