• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS File - Bachelor Area

Garmin GPS file of the Bachelor area.

Thanks dlynn

DISCLAIMER
    ***Always use GPS files to augment experience, familiarity of the area, trail maps, etc. Never rely solely on a GPS file (or a GPS for that matter) for navigation***

Version: MC2152008

[attachment=79]
    Attached Files

RE: GPS File - Bachelor Area

Originally posted by ben
    Here is a Garmin GPS file of some of the trails in the Bachelor area. These were compiled from the groomer.

Thanks to dlynn for sharing!
    Umm... dont see a file/link. Thanks.
    02 RMK 800 159
    03 RMK 700 144

Comment

File updated at the top of thread. Now includes a larger set of trails in the Bachelor / Cascade Lakes area.

Ben

Newest Version: MC2152008

Comment

Good timing on this thread. I have spent the past week building an actual Garmin Map of this area based on the Published map that you get at all the sno-parks. It is not ready yet as it needs to be fine tuned as far as calibraion goes. I am going to use the file provided here by the groomer to do just that. The problem is that I have to now buy the software to get an acurate calibration. In free mode it only calibrated to two points on the map graphic. It just isn't enough to get all the outer areas calibrated. I am also assuming that the published map is to scale which may be a stretch. I have included a screen shot of what it looks like now. The area around Wanoga is actually pretty acurate right now. I noticed from the groomers file that they are grooming a few things different from the published map however. Very minor but I am a stickler for accuracy.

[attachment=86]
        Attached Files

Comment

BTW Ben are you the guy I met at the Wanoga shelter a few weeks back? I'm the guy with the 08 Yamaha Nytro red and white. I have a new Red F-150 that I load it in the back? I ask cuz we talked about the Garmin Track logs from the groomer. You gave me a card for Moon Mountain Snowmobile Club.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJones
            BTW Ben are you the guy I met at the Wanoga shelter a few weeks back? I'm the guy with the 08 Yamaha Nytro red and white. I have a new Red F-150 that I load it in the back? I ask cuz we talked about the Garmin Track logs from the groomer. You gave me a card for Moon Mountain Snowmobile Club.
            Hi Damon

Welcome to H2Oregon!

No, that wasn't me. Could have been dlynn. Was he riding a newer RMK 600?

Ben

Comment

Hi Damon

Welcome to H2Oregon!

No, that wasn't me. Could have been dlynn. Was he riding a newer RMK 600?

Ben
              [/quote]

Could have been - I remember it having flames on it. Really nice guy. talked to him a couple of times now at Wanoga.

Comment

Hi Guy's

I really need some people with more knowledge than I have with regards to Garmin Topo map software to help reduce the file size of the Mt Bachelor riding area. I have the old style 530 and this file fills the fixed memory to 99%. Looks like a new GPS is in order.

I hope the file is useful to whom ever uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by dlynn
                  Hi Guy's

I really need some people with more knowledge than I have with regards to Garmin Topo map software to help reduce the file size of the Mt Bachelor riding area. I have the old style 530 and this file fills the fixed memory to 99%. Looks like a new GPS is in order.

Something doesn't sound right. How many maps are you selecting in MapSource? There should only be a few maps to cover that area. Unless the 530 is extreamly short of memory that should not be a problem. Are you also loading other maps?

On another note if you are looking at a new GPS the GPSMAP 60CSx is a great little unit. I use it with the Marine Mount on my sled and it works great. It's waterproof and the Sx antenna system is fabulous. It rarely losses signal.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJones
                    Originally posted by dlynn
                    Hi Guy's

Something doesn't sound right. How many maps are you selecting in MapSource? There should only be a few maps to cover that area. Unless the 530 is extreamly short of memory that should not be a problem. Are you also loading other maps?

On another note if you are looking at a new GPS the GPSMAP 60CSx is a great little unit. I use it with the Marine Mount on my sled and it works great. It's waterproof and the Sx antenna system is fabulous. It rarely losses signal.
                    dlynn - sounds like you definitely need to get a new gps unit ; )

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. The old 530 (which is only 8 months old) just left for a trip to the Garmin factory in KS. It had a few other issues that have come up. It was keeping tracks while not selected. That filled the memory rather quickly. OH well...it will recover.

Thanks again for all your replies

Comment

Working...
                      X