Magellan anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magellan anybody?

Guess I am the only one here with a Magellan. I got the Explorist 500. The user interface is pretty crappy compared to Garmin. I'd like to get a Garmin Colorado.
    07 Polaris Dragon RMK 155"
    SLP Pipe/Can, 09 front end

RE: Magellan anybody?

Hi There,

Just having a GPS with you is the most important thing. I use a RINO 530. The radio is fair and the locating feature is what makes it worth it price.

Ride safe.

Comment

Magellan

Ihave a 4 year old Magellan Meridian and I think it is awesome. I have Mapsend and have all of Oregon and northern California topo map loaded in it. I even loaded the Nome Alaska area in it when I went to work at the GPAA dredge camp last summer, and it worked great. the most important thing about a GPS is learn how to use it before you go, being lost in a blizzard is not the time learn waypoints etc.
      Last edited by Cat Driver; 11-15-08, 12:37 PM.

Comment

there r not many of us, but we r here

got 500 triton, still triing to program myself to understand the mapping system
        it uses natgo topo maps
        it will be cool when i learn all that it does

Comment

I had a 600 Explorist with the Topo 3-d software. I loved the software. I charged the GPS, then let it run down to see how long it would take. Then I tried to charge it back up again, to no avail. After more than a few emails with Magellan, I sent it back and got a RINO 530. Wish that Topo 3-D software would work on the Garmin... Oh well. I like the peer to peer locating feature of the Garmin enough that I put up with the less than stellar topog software.

Comment

DeLorme PN-40 GPS

you guys should check out this GPS. It has awsome features for snowmobilers

Comment

I have a Explorist 600. Does anyone know where i can get snowmobile maps for it? Every place i checked only have them for the newer gps units

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 500. Haven't figured out how to work it to it's most beneficial use yet. Old mind and high tech........sheesh!
                2012 Polaris Pro 800
                1999 Polaris RMK 700
                2006 Dodge Ram 1500
                2006 Subaru Forester
                1970 Mini Cooper Delivery Van
                2008 Joyner Trooper Side by side

Comment

my old gps was a magellan. i think it is twice the gps my new rhino is, bigger screen, easier and faster to use, would have never got the rhino if the mag had the buddie tracker...

Comment

I have a Garmin 60CSX and love it! I have had it for 3 or 4 years now and somewhat easy to use. I couldn't be more happier with it.
                    Wes Adams
                    Mr.Triple
                    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
                    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
                    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
                    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
                    2001 Polaris 500 SP
                    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Comment

I have an explorist. The software support is horrible. I have the 3d topO and map. Once I figured it all out it's been good. I use the SD card instead of the cord. You may want to try that. I make routes and mark spots off TopO and goggle earth. All the software is online.

I use my spot more than my gps to mark ridding areas. I could use the GPS to get out if needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X