HSCC March Meetin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSCC March Meetin

We are going to have a meeting Thursday night March 27 at 6:00. The meeting will be at the Old Market Brew Pub located at 6959 S.W. Multnomah Blvd, Portland 97223. Please let me know if you can come. New faces are alway welcome we have a great time having a beer and talking sleds!

RE: HSCC March Meetin

Hmmmm.....that's Spring Break. I won't have my daughter that night! I may just have to join you one more time before I no longer live in the area.
    www.TeddUnlimited.com
    www.Facebook.com/TeddUnlimited.com

Comment

I got to thinking about this and thought a little explaining might be in order for those you who aren't frequent visitors to the Snowest forums.

So, some years ago, a group of sledders in WA state, started getting together at Hooters for beers and to talk about sledding. Those meetings became to be known as HSCC - Hooter's Snow Conditions Club. However, they no longer meet only at Hooter's. Meetings happen at a multitude of drinking/eating establishments. HSCC is now just the "brand", so to speak.

Then, a couple of seasons ago, Tedd requested permission of the founding members in WA State to "open" our own HSCC chapter in Oregon. Permission was granted and we have even had two of the founders attend a couple of the meetings.

So, that's the story, for those of you out there scratching yours heads. Just a way to get together with other sledders to meet and greet! Do a little barstool riding, share tech tips, info on riding locations, and the like.

Since Tedd and I are moving to the Eugene area, OCSledhead is taking the "chairman" role for the NW Oregon/SW Washington "chapter". You can expect that a Eugene meeting will be forthcoming once we get settled!
      www.TeddUnlimited.com
      www.Facebook.com/TeddUnlimited.com

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, because I was scratching my head!
        When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregongirl
          I got to thinking about this and thought a little explaining might be in order for those you who aren't frequent visitors to the Snowest forums.

So, some years ago, a group of sledders in WA state, started getting together at Hooters for beers and to talk about sledding. Those meetings became to be known as HSCC - Hooter's Snow Conditions Club. However, they no longer meet only at Hooter's. Meetings happen at a multitude of drinking/eating establishments. HSCC is now just the "brand", so to speak.

Then, a couple of seasons ago, Tedd requested permission of the founding members in WA State to "open" our own HSCC chapter in Oregon. Permission was granted and we have even had two of the founders attend a couple of the meetings.

So, that's the story, for those of you out there scratching yours heads. Just a way to get together with other sledders to meet and greet! Do a little barstool riding, share tech tips, info on riding locations, and the like.

Since Tedd and I are moving to the Eugene area, OCSledhead is taking the "chairman" role for the NW Oregon/SW Washington "chapter". You can expect that a Eugene meeting will be forthcoming once we get settled!
          Thanks for doing such a good job explaining the HSCC Meetings since I have been to busy riding the good snow this year.

When people used to ask what does HSCC stand for I like telling them to show up and buy a pitcher of beer and we will tell them. Hope to see you for some good beer and food. I will be buying the first pitcher!

Comment

The other sleders that will be attending according to another forum are Searafter35, Twotonturbo and family, and maybe GNXtoWS6. It would be great to see some newbie's so if you can attend please do so.

Comment

Working...
            X