sledding where no sled has gone before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sledding where no sled has gone before!

were heading back up little river today. do any of you guys have places that no one, i mean no one, ever rides? have never seen or heard of anyone riding up where we are going today. after you get back 20-30 miles i start to wonder if anyone else has ever seen the view in the middle of winter, or am i the first? the best thing about it is gauranteed fresh trail all day long will post pics when we get back. i think that is part of the thrill, being out there all alone and no one to rely on but you and your buds. keeps the blood pumping!

RE: sledding where no sled has gone before!

Originally posted by 89sandman
    were heading back up little river today. do any of you guys have places that no one, i mean no one, ever rides? have never seen or heard of anyone riding up where we are going today. after you get back 20-30 miles i start to wonder if anyone else has ever seen the view in the middle of winter, or am i the first? the best thing about it is gauranteed fresh trail all day long will post pics when we get back. i think that is part of the thrill, being out there all alone and no one to rely on but you and your buds. keeps the blood pumping!
    I think we have crossed tracks before. We ride from the Tiller side up to Hemlock Lake and French Jct. We went last weekend but there are way to many trees down to get around in places.

Comment

Originally posted by 89sandman
      Definetly.. buddies didn't work out, but good cell..Sometimes it's only you
      Attached Files
      Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
      and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

2$rmk we went up to hemlock today, we actually took the 2759 road and were trying to get to red butte but hit the sunset saddle and nothing but slide after slide. my buddie got kicked off a big one and down the hill he went. was an awesome ride back up. went up a couple of things we couldn't go back down and had to shovel about a 40 yard slide, ugh my back still hurts!!! we rode to french junction a couple of weeks ago. some good stuff out towards buckhead. how is the riding around french junction? we have atved down your side of french junction to where the pavement starts. we should hook up and meet somewhere in the middle. BIG trees down on the little river side, we had to jump a couple of 3-4 footers

Comment

a couple of pics from the weekend. the first is what we saw most of the day, 15-20 foot slides. the second is what happens when you don't make it over the first pick! we had to cut my buddies sled out of the bushes down at the bottom of the pic, the top 40 feet up to the road was vertical. when he took off from the bottom headed straight into the tree hes headed for in the pic. had to go down and back the sled back down the hill backwards and ride it up. not so much fun going down backwards but let me tell you when i hit that last 40 feet pinned was like floating on air!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I think we have crossed tracks before. We ride from the Tiller side up to Hemlock Lake and French Jct. We went last weekend but there are way to many trees down to get around in places.

Are there any maps of this area? From 97 do you ride in from crescent or Diamond lake? Sounds great!

Comment

movin you lost me there, we use ranger district maps. they have all the road numbers and elevations. we ride up from the little river or apple creek side most of the time. think we are gonna maybe be riding up again from apple creek next weekend. want to head up there one more time before the melting gets too bad.

Comment

Oops! I was quoting 2$RMK above and asking him the question, didn't notice the post landed under you..thanks I will pull out the usfs maps and check it out..I have never ridden north of diamond lake.

Comment

Working...
                X