What's your pleasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your pleasure?

When the snow melts and the sleds are put away for the summer, what is your prefered sport, hobby or activity?

For me, since I tend to melt in the heat, I enjoy reading and gardening in the cooler hours. I also like to go boating on the lake. I absolutely love horseback riding but since I don't have horses anymore, it is difficult to ride much. I also spend much of my summer planning and organizing for next years snow season.
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

RE: What's your pleasure?

When we are done snowmobiling for the season, we get out the atv's and dirtbikes and go camping. Then when it warms up a bit more we go white water rafting. What's funny while we are doing these things we are still talking about snowmobiling, and when we are snwomobiling we are still talking about it.
    Not just boys have bad arse toys............censored word

www.snackerpackers.com

Comment

We'd love to get quads and spend time riding the same mountains that we snowmobile, but it hasn't happened yet. We are ready though...we have a 26' Gearbox Toyhauler and we love to CAMP! Although, with diesel prices being what they are (and will be), we may go back to tent camping this summer....nawh...we'll just stay closer to home probably.

We are also involved with various drag racing teams. Tedd is probably going to crew for an open-hull, flat bottom drag boat team this summer. He is also the crew chief for my 16 year old neice, who races a sand dragster. Sand Drags is sort of a family event. I have a sister that races a dragster and a nephew who races a quad. There are a couple of pieces of equipment that no one is racing at this time. But, it takes all of us to crew for the three that are racing! Great family memories in the making, that's for sure!

The sand drags are in Longview and the boat drags are at various lakes throughout the state, CA & AZ (National Championship).

Tedd would love to build a sand drag sled. I say that has to wait until we get the quads!

Personally speaking - I LOVE to read!! I'd like to garden too. Vegetables & fruits...I've become a real advocate for the return to sustainable and natural living when it comes to our food supply. I've gone almost 100% organic and local already. I'd like to get to the point where I'm growing all the veggies we eat.
      www.TeddUnlimited.com
      www.Facebook.com/TeddUnlimited.com

Comment

Been hiking, backpacking, kayaking and conoeing, camping etc. I guess I reserve the motorsports for winter. I guess it is because I can really only afford the snowmobiles. I am with Foxyrmk, we are always talking about snowmobiling, regardless of season. We will be hiking somewhere, and we will sit to take a break, and start picking lines, then compare. Then there is always the discussion that if we could climb this or that, whats the possiblility of even getting back to the area in the first place. Snowmobiling is a short arc in the synapsis.
        02 RMK 800 159
        03 RMK 700 144

Comment

in the summer we go camping now... especially now that we bought a big ol trailer last summer.... i used to road race cars, auto Xing and track days up at PIR

now that I own a house it seems most of my summer is tied up with doing everything that my wife comes up with for me to do.... and this summer i will be getting ready for our new baby coming... pretty exciting....
          Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

we also get the quads out, used to ride the dunes almost all summer but with gas prices am starting to ride the woods again. we go backpacking, camping, floating, anything that keeps me out of the shop for the weekend!!! we should set up a summer atv h2oregon ride, so we can all sit around and talk about how great next season is gonna be oregongirl and tedd, you guys need to get those quads and will go do some summer riding!!!

Comment

Same here..Quads out or Ocean fishing. We have club activities all summer, trail work included somewhere, Last year we had 2 camp outs near Swan lake Mt. Some cut their firewood after the trail work is over if it is a legal area for that. Some of this group is out at least one day every weekend!
              Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
              and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Let see I love to camp, hike, and mt bike. Been doing those sense before I can remember. Also into photography and geo caching. I like to be outdoors at all times. Being so close to the lakes around here, sometimes after work I head up to go fishing. The main battle is just finding the time to do it with my work schudule.
                92\' F250, Pioneer Sound system, Ramesy 8000lbs winch
                New Sled on the way

Comment

Well we have another pleasure when snowmobiling season is over, We bought a 2005 Victory motorcycle today. Now I can be a biker chick. lol
                  Not just boys have bad arse toys............censored word

www.snackerpackers.com

Comment

All those new clothes! We can't ride without this! You are having too much fun!
                    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
                    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

We have a toy hauler we take out as much as possible with the quads. The wife isnt really into the quads but the kids and I love to check out the hunting areas and to kill some fish. We also have horses. So we stay pretty busy all summer long.

Comment

I love to ride horses. I haven't had any horses for about 12 years now. I miss riding but I don't miss all the year round work. The great thing about snowmobiles is that they only eat when you ride them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowlover
                          I love to ride horses. I haven't had any horses for about 12 years now. I miss riding but I don't miss all the year round work. The great thing about snowmobiles is that they only eat when you ride them!!
                          I will second that. I used to be a wrangler for a local ranch. I had 12 horses in my care that people would take out on guided rides...me being the guide. I really love riding, nothing really like it. I just dont have the room for them anymore...
                          92\' F250, Pioneer Sound system, Ramesy 8000lbs winch
                          New Sled on the way

Comment

I spend my summers camping @ Shasta Lake! Do some Air Charring and other water sports. Bring out the ole V-Max and do some street thumping and take trips on. Usually put 800-1,000 miles on my bike in a weekend ride. Also LOVE Drag Racing and street cars. I go to Woodburn for the all Ford shootout and over the hill to White City. Building an ole 55 Ford F-100 with a 428 and also a 1964 Falcon with a 428. And help my Uncle build some of his cars! Love to build cars and trucks. Like you can't tell by my sig LOL. I think I do too much......LOL
                            Wes Adams
                            Mr.Triple
                            Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
                            2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
                            2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
                            2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
                            2001 Polaris 500 SP
                            ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Comment

Originally posted by Mt_Man
                              I will second that. I used to be a wrangler for a local ranch. I had 12 horses in my care that people would take out on guided rides...me being the guide. I really love riding, nothing really like it. I just dont have the room for them anymore...
                              That would be fun....one of the best vacations I ever had, I paid to work at a working ranch. I went on a horse drive to bring the horses in for the summer. Horses move much much faster than cattle so we were trotting or cantering. It was four days on a horse and camping out at night in north eastern Nevada at about 6000-7000 feet elevation. It was June and there were still patches of snow on the ground. I also did some cattle work, separating cow and cows with calves into different groups, branding cattle and moving cattle up to higher ground.

It was hard work and I came home exhausted but happy!! It took me about a month to recover all my energy as I used up every drop at the ranch!! Amazingly, I did pretty good considering I hadn't ridden a horse in about five years at that point and I didn't really get saddle sore at all!! I would do it again tomorrow if I could afford the time and money!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X