My Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bad

I just had my first snowmobile 'story'. We were out boon docking though the trees. My friend Brian leading, my friend Terre next and I am last. Brian went between these two trees and barely made it though but he was unaware that we were following him.

My friend Terre was a little worried about going through there but I shouted up at her just to take it slow and keep her weight to the right. At this point I couldn't really see what we were dealing with but I figured if Brian got though, so should we.

She tried getting though but the sled started leaning toward the tree well and made her pretty nervous so she got off. I walked over, stood on the right running board and popped it out and clear. In doing so I knew I was going to get hit with branches but was hoping I could hold on....I couldn't and got knocked off the side and on my butt. But the sled was in the clear and falling in deep snow doesn't hurt so no problem. We had a good laugh at that.

As I am walking back to my sled, Brian had circled around and was back with us as he realized we must have followed him and probably were having problems with this exact spot.

I considered putting my sled in reverse and finding a better way but I was full of myself because I just got the other sled though so I shouldn't have any problem, right? WRONG!

I started going through and in trying to stay to the right of the tree well, I hit a little tree which tipped me toward the tree well. Before I knew what happened I was sitting in the tree well with my back against the trunk, my feet up toward the sled and my sled upside down on top of me!

I wish I could have reached my camera because it was so funny. The track is still going, Brian is yelling at me to shut it off, but I am so stuck I can barely move and I can't even see the handle bars let alone find the kill switch. Once I assured him I was okay and the sled although on top of me wasn't really on me we both had a good laugh. We can't move the sled yet, I am stuck and can't move and every branch that Brian moves or breaks to help me get unstuck makes my rear end fall farther into the tree well so that my feet are at my head and the less I can move. He finally moved or broke branches to reach me and he pulled me up by my hands enough so I could get my feet underneath me so I can get out.

To get the sled upright, Brian climbed down into the tree well to push and Terre and I pulled and we got it turned over. I really didn't think we were going to be able to do it, but we did.

Now I have access to my camera again so I took some pictures. This is really the only one that came out:

Brian is still in the tree well and the sled, although upright, is still at an angle!

We were all hot, sweaty and tired after that so took a quick break, had a good laugh and went on our way.

Again, another great day snowmobiling!!
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

RE: My Bad

Great story, and glad that no one got seriuosly hurt and you all had a good laugh. (Good excrise doing that, lol)
    Not just boys have bad arse toys............censored word

www.snackerpackers.com

Comment

Yep, no damage to me or the sled.....just extra exercise!!

Comment

your not having fun until you get stuck..your still having fun if its still pretty!!
        Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
        and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

ok I tried hard not to say it but is there some tree huggers there?
          Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
          and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Well, earlier in the day I also got stuck trying to climb a hill. I have never been stuck before so I got to learn how to get unstuck. Many lessons learned yesterday.....but nothing hurt but my pride!!

Again, I will say that I have never had a bad day snowmobiling no matter what the weather conditions are or what kind of messes I have gotten into or that my riding partners have gotten into!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah you gotta watch those tree wells.... i have been bitten a few times this year by them... you think i would have learned to keep a nice cushion between me and the trees.... but nooooo of course I dont... ha ha maybe after i fall into a tree well for like the 10th time I will learn...
              Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

Hopefully it will only take once for me!!

Comment

Working...
                X