Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statewide Membership

Hello

Does anyone know of a statewide OSSA/Club membership? What I was thinking about is one fee that lets you join OSSA and all clubs in the state.

For example, let's say it cost $200 a year. $30 would go to OSSA, $25 to a "home" club, and $5 to every other club in the state. This would raise more money for OSSA, raise more money for the "home" club, raise more money for all the other clubs in the state, boost the club rosters, and give people the satisfaction of supporting riding throughout the state.

Has this been tried? Is this something you would do?

Ben

RE: Statewide Membership

All clubs would have to amend their rules to allow it..and define the limitations..such as voting rights allowed only in their home club. Good idea! Lets see, costs of memberships and organizations are a write off? what about a lifetime fee before we retire while it's still a write off..this is dangerous thinking!!
    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

with my club we get a membership to ossa when we pay our dues to our club... are any other clubs like that....

i do think that it woudl be tough to do a statewide ossa/club membership for sure... but a good thought....
      Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rad
        with my club we get a membership to ossa when we pay our dues to our club... are any other clubs like that....

i do think that it woudl be tough to do a statewide ossa/club membership for sure... but a good thought....
        You pay your OSSA dues when you join the first club. So right now if you are a member of the Jefferson club you have paid your OSSA dues for the year. You could join the Rogue club, or any other club, for the club dues alone ($10 in the case of the Rogue club). This makes it easy and inexpensive to support other clubs. What I would like to see is an easy way to support clubs across the whole state.

With my suggestion the OSSA actually gets more than it would with a single membership, as does the "home" club. All the other clubs get more in theory, as they get members who would not normally join their club.

I think financially something like this is sound. Logisitaclly, not so sure.

Ben

Comment

Working...
        X