This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Politics of Snowmobile Clubs

I can already tell you that this could be a highly spririted disscussion.
    I've been an OSSA and club member in the state for more than 5 years. In that 5 years I have seen a whole bunch of really wonderful dedicated snowmobilers do a lot of good things. I have also seen a lot of back stabbing good ole boy back room deals happen at someones expense.
    I have recent and credible information that some sort of sleight of hand occurred when XXXX was recently named as the soon to be district 5 director. It seems that XXXX is replacing XXXX in that position. XXXX has done an excellent job, thank you for your service. I personally think you would make a good OSSA President someday. But now back to XXXX. Who among us feels that XXXX from the Klamath Club would have been a better choice.
    XXXX is and was a good choice. XXXX is a Forest Service Employee.
    Or is it BLM I can't remember. Does anyone else think that there might be a problem with a government Forest employee being responsible for OSSA district 5, I don't care where he works I think it's wrong and I think that the entire state should pay attention to what is about to happen in southern Oregon. Last I heard he was not going for the position and then all of a sudden wham surprise Klamath. If you don't think it's okay then you should speak up. If no one thinks it's wrong besides me then I'll shut up.

***Edited to remove names of individuals***
    Lead Follow or get the ---- out of the way!
    When in doubt Pin it !

RE: The Politics of Snowmobile Clubs

Originally posted by blubyou
    I can already tell you that this could be a highly spririted disscussion.
    blu

Many of us have heard of the unfortunate situation in Southern Oregon, some more recently than others.

This thread is on a short leash - keep it civil.

Ben

Comment

sounds like the inmates are running the jail! don't think a goverment employee is the best person to represent individual snowmobiling. sounds like a MAJOR conflict of interests...

Comment

We have government employees in OSSA and clubs, they have brought valuable expertise to the table. They should not be discriminated against. The persons writing our grooming and building contracts cannot belong to our clubs. Read state law for corporations which all bylaws must conform to. Some involved with this political shame that claim to be experts have made serious mistakes in reading only portions of it, or not understanding it correctly.
        In 30 years the two clubs in the Klamath area have been somewhat cordial but did not have a good working relationship. Some from both clubs tried to work on that recently, their efforts were met with thanks but no thanks, we dont want that, from both clubs. We are different in our goals, activities and accept that. Both clubs are good and have good people,but we all are not the same! In the same line of thought, why are there different political parties?
        Both our grooming programs comunicate, schedule, leave cats, visit..we had a good working relationship with XXXX and we do with XXXX too. XXXX helped us in some of our long term goals that XXXX wasn't able to. XXXX established a working relationship, XXXX did not. XXXX, XXXX and XXXX are all qualified, talented people but scott brought what we were looking for to the table..a working relationship.
        XXXX brought the sign up sheet for candidate for dist. 5 to me at the end of december. The next meeting in jan. the subject of scott running and the signup sheet were the first subject I introduced to the meeting with discussion. XXXX and XXXX were at the center table at that meeting, and when talked to about it responded with shruggs and "news to us" nothing more..leaving us with the impression their club happened to have two candidates that they had no opinion for or against either. If XXXX was their champion right then was the time to get political, to stump for their candidate.Later is CS. XXXX with a good reason, a purpose, a platform worth more than what scott brought could have pursuaded me and some of the others. What was the agenda? Was "this side of the hill" and "30 years of snowmobiling" the only running platform? Why did they not speak up with reasons and agenda at that meeting instead of shrugg- shrugg "news to us" Hiding the conspiracy I guess.. what is it?..XXXX takes on the OSSA? OSSA has always been fair to us.
        Why is the Klamath club asking for our incorporation, bylaws, minutes and treasurery reports? Do they mean us harm? Should we ask the same from them? That is all reports for the last 3 years..Some of our members are dual members of both clubs, recent ones from their club are the same people that demanded the records, the same people that joined our club and have twice stated their intent is for our club to cease and join with theirs..'Thanks but no thanks"..we consider that threatening in light of recent events..its an attempt to bully us , we have no interest or desire for conflict. State law and our bylaws do not require that the delegates discuss voting intentions at the club meeting before, but I did anyway. Shrugg shrugg "news to us" Good job campaining and good sportsmanship after guys, thanks a lot!
        The Rogue, Roseburg and Chiloquin will have a WORKING RELATIONSHIP with XXXX, Klamath could.
        If Clinton gets to be prez lets seperate from the US and go on our own, or start a civil war..no,what we do is we make the best of whatever happens but we fight before the elections, not after.
        XXXX has done a great job with his club for a lot of years and he gracefully accepted the outcome of this election, Its not fair to him to have this dragged out as then the dirt comes out. Thats not fair to him, to others, or to our sport.
        Forums can be full of people quick to tell what they have , what they have done , what they are doing - then dig out problems and go after people, clubs, business whatever. I have yet to see some one come and say here is the problem, here is the answer and I have the time to do it, can I help?

***Edited to remove names of individuals***
        Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
        and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

OK - We have seen a couple of opinions.

I appreciate those of you looking out for what you feel to be the best interests of all snowmobilers.

Let's focus back on the fun side of snowmobiling.

This thread is now closed.

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X