is spring riding for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is spring riding for you?

have ridden the last 3 weekends with no new. just can't seem to get into likeing riding rock hard snow. i don't even run ice scratchers cause i figure if theres not enough soft to lube the track then what in the heck am i doing riding no challenge to riding stuff you can't get stuck in, always say how great of a day could it have been if i wasn't stuck at least 3-4 times!!! have some buddies who love the stuff, can't wait for it to harden up, as for me its almost time to get the quads out. temps here in town are getting above 60...

RE: is spring riding for you?

The way I see it is..... Riding isn't over until the snow is gone. Hard or not. My last ride last year was May 5th at Mt. Baker, otherwise my last ride last year would have been long before that. Of course I would rather have two foot of fresh, who wouldn't.
    Tedd Unlimited - Dealer for Wary Avi Pack, Snowpulse, Klim, Ram Mounts, UTV Tech, UTV Inc, Factory UTV, RZ Mask, Pro Armor, Dragonfire Racing, Aerocharger Turbos, OMF Bead Locks, Heretic Lighting, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, Extreme Metal Products, ZBroz Racing/ARSFX, Pure Polaris, Can-Am parts & accessories, Ski-doo parts & accessories, and expanding.

Tedd Unlimited on Facebook

Comment

Sandman

Last ride here for me at end of last season was the end of April with about 8 new snow at that time.

About 8/12 inch new here in Halfway over this last weekend.

I love spring riding as there is usually new snow up high and it's worth riding over some bare places to get to it. The days are long and the temps mild with some new now and then what more could you ask for. Sure you don't usually get the heroic deep stuff but there have been plenty of times I've been up in April/May on a foot or more of new.

Comment

Originally posted by BansheeAL
        Sandman

Last ride here for me at end of last season was the end of April with about 8 new snow at that time.

About 8/12 inch new here in Halfway over this last weekend.

I love spring riding as there is usually new snow up high and it's worth riding over some bare places to get to it. The days are long and the temps mild with some new now and then what more could you ask for. Sure you don't usually get the heroic deep stuff but there have been plenty of times I've been up in April/May on a foot or more of new.
        Heck yeah! Hey Al, remember the spring before last? That was the highlight of my spring riding experience! It's looking like this spring may hopefully be close to the same!
        "IF YOUR GONNA BE STUPID, YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH!"

07' M-1K. Speedwerx pipe, y-pipe and can. SLP intake, Power Commander V programed by Eric at the Racing station, VForce 3 reeds, 4-post primary clutch w/a billet spider (bulletproof) and lots of venting.

Comment

I actually prefer riding when it is cloudy and/or snowing. It is more about temperature for me. When it gets up to 40 degrees, I get too hot and I run out of energy. I much prefer cold weather riding.
          When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

Comment

When it gets too hot in town there is nothing like a shorts and tee shirt ride in the snow!! Lay it over and ride through your own roost!!
            Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
            and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

i love spring riding.. dont have to worry about getting stuck.. snow is harder enough to start finding some good places to catch air... hills are a little easier to climb... yeah i love it.. plus riding in sunshine is just amazing..
              Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

Even when I came home with a broken leg..I never had a bad ride! Spring riding is research time..best firewood cutting, whats been logged, hunting spots, photography..
                Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
                and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

For me spring snow is just a chance to explore some areas that are too difficult or just too far away to justify when there is great snow closer to the trailhead. I find most of my "secret spots" when I am out covering new ground in the spring. Roger
                  02 RMK 800 159
                  03 RMK 700 144

Comment

Originally posted by PowderXCR
                    For me spring snow is just a chance to explore some areas that are too difficult or just too far away to justify when there is great snow closer to the trailhead. I find most of my "secret spots" when I am out covering new ground in the spring. Roger
                    That is so TRUE for me PowderXCR.
                    Not just boys have bad arse toys............censored word

www.snackerpackers.com

Comment

Working...
                    X