Thats a big hole right there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a big hole right there!

Well, I thought I would share a story of my own.
    Season before last we had well over 20 ft. of snow in Halfway. It made for killer spring riding because of this.
    We were boondocking down in the Clear Creek Drainage and my buddy Jerry was riding the creek bottom like a halfpipe on his 03 RMK 800 when all of the sudden he just disappeard of the face of the earth. He had found a 17 foot deep hole in the snow. His sled was sitting nose first in the creek with him standing on the end of track peeking up at us. The hole was maybe only 5 foot x 5 foot and the question, how are we gonna get this thing out of here? (he's not hurt either) [attachment=122] [attachment=123]
    With the work of 3 shovels we were able the get the sled flat in the creek and build a snow ramp and ride it out in 1hr. and 24 min.
    Needless to say, we are a little more carefull in the creek bottoms now days.
    Attached Files
    "IF YOUR GONNA BE STUPID, YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH!"

07' M-1K. Speedwerx pipe, y-pipe and can. SLP intake, Power Commander V programed by Eric at the Racing station, VForce 3 reeds, 4-post primary clutch w/a billet spider (bulletproof) and lots of venting.

RE: Thats a big hole right there!

Great story and great pictures. It must have been so much work to get that out! Thanks for sharing!!
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashcat900
      Well, I thought I would share a story of my own.
      THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Snowlover
        Great story and great pictures. It must have been so much work to get that out! Thanks for sharing!!
        You know, honestly for what it looked like...it wasn't as bad as you'd think! First thing I asked my buddy was, "does your insurance cover helocopters?"

07' M-1K. Speedwerx pipe, y-pipe and can. SLP intake, Power Commander V programed by Eric at the Racing station, VForce 3 reeds, 4-post primary clutch w/a billet spider (bulletproof) and lots of venting.

Comment

Smashcat,

What is the picture on your avatar....I can't quite see it but I keep trying....

Comment

Smashcat,
            What is the picture on your avatar....I can't quite see it but I keep trying....

Funny.... I do the same thing. It looks like maybe a sled that has broken through ice?

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben
              Smashcat,

Funny.... I do the same thing. It looks like maybe a sled that has broken through ice?

Ben
              O.K. If you must know, Cats don't float!
              A year or two ago, at an undisclosed location, I may or may not of sunk my sled in a little water. Apparently when you get your exhaust pugged off with water, the motor dies and your sled will stop moving, which causes it to sink. Here's the big pic.
              [attachment=134]
              Attached Files

Comment

Well that picture that may or may not be you sure goes with your signature tag.

Wow, that looks COLD!! Thanks for letting us get a better look!

Comment

I don't ride on the water any more! That was just one of those things, if you're doing it you better be ready to pay the price if something goes wrong. Oops! Did I mention that my wife wasn't real impressed with me either?

Comment

Someone was so careful to get all the identifying parts of their body and the machine under water!
                    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
                    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Oops! Did I mention that my wife wasn't real impressed with me either?
                      Hahahah!!! I can imagine....she probably gets good mileage from that mistake!!

Comment

I don't ride on the water any more! That was just one of those things, if you're doing it you better be ready to pay the price if something goes wrong. Oops! Did I mention that my wife wasn't real impressed with me either?
                        Yikes! My son's friend sunk his new 700 RMK in the Bates mill pond a few years ago while they were water skipping and his wife is still not impressed! They had a video of a broken piece of plywood connected to two oil barrels using a 2x4 for an oar (you might be a redneck if you try this) to go out to the middle of the pond and fish it out with a hook. Somehow I have lost the video!! It is hilarious (for those of us not involved) to watch. Once they got it out, they hung it upside down in a garage to drip dry. The next winter my husband was riding it when the engine seized up and the best part is Polaris warrantied it!!

Comment

Working...
                        X