Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we run out of things to say.....

or is everyone just busy snowmobiling??

I am going to tattle on a fellow club member for fun (and because he can take it and deserves it). Just over a week ago we were setting up the course for the Mt. Bailey Poker Run. There were four guys in my group plus me and my twelve year old neice. The president of our club was riding the club sled which is a two up and towing a sleigh with all our signs and stuff.

Because I didn't want to hold the group up and I was teaching my neice to ride, we would catch up with the guys and pass them as they put up signs and then they would leap frog us and on and on.

At one point, we stopped at Hamaker to take a break and wait for the guys to catch up. We started to dig the bathroom out (check out the pictures in another thread) but had to give up about half way because we were tired and only had a plastic shovel. The guys never showed up so we figured they must have gone on. Just as we were getting ready to leave the sno-park, here they come.

Apparently, going 40-50 miles per hour on a curvy trail towing a sleigh was not such a good idea. Our president managed to flip the sleigh and it had some minor damage which they had to fix to get going. We continued on our way and finished marking the course. No harm, no foul.

On Wednesday I learned that our "fearless leader" is not such a fast learner. When taking the course markers down the next afternoon, this is what occurred:

What's that old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I think this is one that he won't live down for a while!!

Anyone know how to fix a sleigh!!!!!
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

RE: Have we run out of things to say.....

ewoooo you are so mean!!! LOL
    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Originally posted by Movin
      ewoooo you are so mean!!! LOL
      It's just one of those stories that needs to be told!!! Again and again and again!! LOL....

And if I am not mistaken, you probably know the culprit personally and will have to rub it in if you get a chance...

Comment

Maybe just a ity bity tensy little bit!!

Comment

Another reason this story needs to be told is that we give awards away at our December banquet. One is a serious award for 'Snowmobiler of the Year' but several are for bone head moves on the part of our members. But they can't vote for it if they don't know about it!

Comment

A bonehead sticker that must be placed on the machine somewhere? That could be cool, One of those skull stickers customized just a little...

Comment

We have an 'Outhouse Award' and a 'Golden Helmet' award. I can't quite remember the difference but last years Outhouse award went to someone who fell off a cornice (just him, not his sled) and the Golden Helmet went to someone who went to load a sled on a trailer and overshot and managed to damage the sled they were loading, another sled and the back of the pickup all in one move. We also have one last award for "The Griswolds Go Snowmobiling" which is awarded to a family for a bonehead move.

But I like your idea of a "bonehead" sticker. Kind of like the stickers on football helmets or fighter jets. I know some people who's sleds would be covered!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowlover
                last years Outhouse award went to someone who fell off a cornice (just him, not his sled)
                I'm sure he was just mapping out his line and got a little too excited. : )

Ben

Comment

I'll have to make sure I always have my camera from now on, so I can document the stupidity or should I say the sillieness of others. I have stopped riding with certain people due to their unwillingness to learn from mistakes like this. We all probably have at least one experience when one of our friends does something dumb or makes a split second choice that does not work out like they thought it would. I suppose that public ridicule could be a good tool to teach our young riders what not to do. I am always telling my teenage daughter "only follow me if you feel like you can do it safely" and other jewels like " What were you thinking when you followed me up to the top of this hellishly steep mountainside" This conversation usually takes place as we are digging out, most of the time she just looks at me and shakes her head. Snowmobiling is one of those family sports and activities that sometimes allows us to really bond with our friends and family. When I say bond I am really saying you find out who your real friends are. Are your riding friends the type who sit at the bottom of the hill and watch you try and save your sled from certain carnage, or are they looking for a way to get to you to help. I have to say I am the kind that if you are stuck and I see you I will do my best to get there to help. Even if I don't know you.
                  The other gem that pops into my head is something a friend mentioned when we were both hosed nearly a half mile farther up a hill climb than the rest of the guys. "It's lonely at the top", this jewel of common sense was uttered in the midst of digging out on a near verticle slope somewhere up on Brown mountain. As we dug out we remarked to each other how much better, faster, and skilled we were compared to our friends who were still riding and playing below us. As I was picking my way down through the trees after a 20min break from riding (digging out) I realized that our chosen sport, and specificley my particular riding style is inherently dangerous. So do yourselves a favor and don't be too hard on your friends if they do something dumb or make a bad choice. I say this because sooner or later you are going to do something that just may qualify you for the bonehead, or dumb move of the week. Sometimes that old saying should apply just like the TV commercial. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. "What happens on the mountain should stay on the mountain" Or my favorite way to put it. "What happens on the mountain should be between you and your parts guy" or maybe between you and your wife when she sees how much your parts cost!
                  Lead Follow or get the ---- out of the way!
                  When in doubt Pin it !

Comment

I expect to be gotten back for what I give out....it's all in good fun....and I wouldn't do it to someone who can't handle it!

To make sure this particular person saw this post, I had his co-worker email him the link and say she was surfing the web and saw the pictures. Is that you, she said. His mouth dropped and he was stunned....how did that get on there he said. Of course when he read the thread he knew exactly who tattled on him. I also work in the same office as this person so he immediately came over and laughed about it with me.

Comment

See my first post in this thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by Movin
                        See my first post in this thread!!

Comment

Your special talent could really help fund raisers..donations..

Comment

I'm working on it.....

If you haven't figured it out by now, a have a bit of a sarcastic humor. I also believe in having fun no matter what I do.....even if it is at my own expense....I am still waiting for retribution from the sleigh tipper....and since I also work with him, he has plenty of opportunity....

Comment

Like leaving you in the restraunt with the ticket??? Or you are supposed to return a phone call and its a very embarrassing support group?

Comment

Working...
                              X