Grooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grooming

Monday I am taking a day off work to go up with the Fish Lake groomer and learn the in's and out's of grooming. I am looking forward to seeing the process in person. I know it take years to become a great groomer but I hope to learn as much as I can in one day. Depending on how much I learn and understand, I was hoping to write an article for our newsletter about grooming and the dedicated volunteers who man our cat's so the rest of us can ride.
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

RE: Grooming

Originally posted by Snowlover
    Monday I am taking a day off work to go up with the Fish Lake groomer and learn the in's and out's of grooming. I am looking forward to seeing the process in person. I know it take years to become a great groomer but I hope to learn as much as I can in one day. Depending on how much I learn and understand, I was hoping to write an article for our newsletter about grooming and the dedicated volunteers who man our cat's so the rest of us can ride.
    Sounds like fun.... Take the camera with and give us a "behind the scenes" tour.

Have fun!

Ben

Comment

i went grooming for the first time this weekend as well....up at hoodoo.... we groomed about 50 or so miles. i must say it opens your eyes to some of the craziness that you can encounter driving /operating the groomer. i plan on going out a few more times and learning a little more about how to make the perfect trails and all that stiuff, then maybe i can start grooming on my own.. have fun though.. its a blast
      Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Comment

The hardest part will be getting up in the morning! He is picking me up at 6:30 a.m.

Comment

http://www.ktvb.com/video/?z=y&nvid=220302
          Sometimes you get your picture took!
          Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
          and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

Originally posted by Movin
            http://www.ktvb.com/video/?z=y&nvid=220302
            Sometimes you get your picture took!
            That is an interesting video. More proof why I will never venture knowingly onto a frozen body of water!!!

Comment

I wonder why he didn't want to go "on camera"? I know I would be a little embarrassed about this happening to me. THey will get it out eventually I am sure, but it is going to be a tough haul for sure.
              Tedd Unlimited - Dealer for Wary Avi Pack, Snowpulse, Klim, Ram Mounts, UTV Tech, UTV Inc, Factory UTV, RZ Mask, Pro Armor, Dragonfire Racing, Aerocharger Turbos, OMF Bead Locks, Heretic Lighting, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, Extreme Metal Products, ZBroz Racing/ARSFX, Pure Polaris, Can-Am parts & accessories, Ski-doo parts & accessories, and expanding.

Tedd Unlimited on Facebook

Comment

I got to go along on a groomer this last weekend and what a kick in the butt. We drove around Crescent Lake and up by Summit Lake over to Kelsey Loop and back over Windygo Pass. I've gone out one other time so this time they let me drive on the easy sections. I noticed it takes a lot of hand eye coordination. I was always keeping my eye's on the mirrors seeing how much snow I was bring up with my blade. Also keeping an eye on the blade in front of the groomer. I was trying to keep the groomer on the section that had been groomed before but one time I went off in the the soft deep part and the front blade stopped the groomer. One thing I did notice while we were driving around Crescent Lake was people driving on the lake it's self. I was thinking this wasn't to smart. I noticed we did get a lot of thumbs up from snowmobilers that passed us. There were a lot of sleds out last weekend.

Comment

I just got back and am a little tired and have to get ready for work. It was a blast even though it was a twelve hour day! I took lots of pictures and shot a video of the groomer cutting out a road crossing. I will share them assuming any came out and as soon as I get them uploaded! I also got to drive the groomer on an easy part and that hydraulic steering isn't as easy as it looks. I got better as I got used to it but if you are up at Fish Lake this week and you see about a two or three mile section that makes you wonder if the groomer was drunk, it was just me!!!

Comment

Maybe we should check LC's lunch a little closer!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowlover
                      I just got back and am a little tired and have to get ready for work. It was a blast even though it was a twelve hour day! I took lots of pictures and shot a video of the groomer cutting out a road crossing. I will share them assuming any came out and as soon as I get them uploaded!
                      Sounds like fun. Looking forward to the behind the scenes footage.

Ben

Comment

Here we go:

The snow was a little sticky so we are cleaning out the Idaho (I use we loosely):

We had a beautiful day to work with:

Dropping the Idaho to make a first run on a trail:

We had to cut out a road crossing. Here we are digging out a hole and then used the blade to pull the snow away from the road:

Finally breaking through the first side:

Comment

The other side:

Cutting out the other side:

The finished product:

Comment

cool. Looks like metal tracks? And the big cab, wow. Its not full of junk is it?? Do you have more pics? Maybe one with the driver stuffing his face with lunch..Some little piece of blackmail!! Unless it was not LC..

Comment

Yep, steel tracks. And yes, it was LC. It is full of tools and such but very organized.

I am currently working on loading a four minute video I took of LC cutting out the second side but it is taking some time to download.

Comment

Working...
                              X