do the mountains call for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do the mountains call for you?

was wondering if anyone else feels the call of the wild during sled season? have been trying to not climb the bigger climbs anymore, am getting older and am trying to make some better riding choices. but when i'm sitting there staring up at a monster climb i swear the things are calling for me. i'll sit there and tell myslef i'm not going to hit it, just taking a look, but as soon as i fire the sled every fiber of my being is being drawn to the hill. its like theres a huge electromagnet up there and i'm a chunk of iron. theres just no turning it off, the rush is just to great to be ignored!!! nothing else gives me that feeling of being a part of something that is much bigger than me than when i'm headed up my buddies all laugh when i say theres no way i'm going up that thing today, then there i go, headed up. i guess the call is still greater than my sense of sensability...

RE: do the mountains call for you?

[attachment=101][attachment=102]
    I know the feeling! Then jump off the top on a moonless night! As long as metal isnt used in the surgeries it dosnt get worse! I thought this was a support group!!
    Attached Files
    Vintage Ski-doo Summits, Honda Rincon, KBOC, Chiloquin Ridge Riders
    and the most repaired Tucker Sno-Cat in Oregon!

Comment

That 2nd picture must be Pelican, I take it!?
      Wes Adams
      Mr.Triple
      Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
      2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
      2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
      2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
      2001 Polaris 500 SP
      ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Comment

Movin

The photographer made the first photo look less steep by tilting the camera. You need to teach them to tilt to the other side. ; )

I fixed it for you...

[attachment=103]

Ben
        Attached Files

Comment

It was my camera but thats me on the sled, My memory seems to involve lots more air than is shown and I think there may have been flames coming out the exhaust!
          Some where I have mpegs of pelican from the bottom to the tower, it takes about 60 seconds! Lots of stills.
          The "fixed" photo is sand ridge with scott in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin
            It was my camera but thats me on the sled, My memory seems to involve lots more air than is shown and I think there may have been flames coming out the exhaust!
            Some where I have mpegs of pelican from the bottom to the tower, it takes about 60 seconds! Lots of stills.
            The mpegs of Pelican would be interesting. If you can find them, please share.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben
              Originally posted by Movin
              The mpegs of Pelican would be interesting. If you can find them, please share.

Ben
              The first 2 are camera hanging around my neck so it shoots whatever! The 2nd was a barrel roll up over a wind rip. All are on pelican
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X