Thread: A few Mountain Max questions.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default A few Mountain Max questions.

Alright. I'm offically a Mountain Max-a-maniac. Now I have 2- a 2000 700, and a 2001 700. (and going up to Cornicopia/ Halfway for a week to play).

Ok, questions:

1- How tall a handlebar riser can I install without having to lengthen any cables?

2- What does anybody think about the angled risers, are they benefitial? I seem to want to be more forward and can't.

3- Suspension: I'm 6-1 and about 235lbs (dry weight LOL) and my wife about 5-6 and 125lbs. Where should I set-up the suspension? I'm bottoming out when I jump (small jumps). And how does this affect handling on trail/ in powder?

4- What in the heck are the carbuerator heaters.... when do you use them?

Thanks very much. I did pick up a service manual, but it doesn't tell you why or when to do any of this.

Like(s)
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

I might have the Answers for ya!

1) I do believe that you can use a 4" riser with out lengthening your cables. But let me check mine for sure.

2) Not sure on that.

3)You should have a adjustable collar (that may have 5 or 6 adjustments on it). Make sure its set to the smallest seating because it raises your spring tension. Need a special tool for that, called a spanner wrench.

4)I do believe that heated carbs are on all the time. They work AWESOME in deep powder and on cold day. It keeps the carbs from icing up! Once they ice up......Game over until they thaw out. Nice to have....Even on a Mod Sled!

I hope I was able to help you out? I will get back to ya on the 4" risers today!!!
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We have 600 & 700 Yamaha tipples. We've found that leaving the carb-heat on in warm weather makes for a rich-smoky running motor.

We like ours, good luck.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Risers

Thanks...

I'm tuning this sled for the wife now (picking up another this weekend). She said it was beating her up some, and difficult to steer. I lightened all the shocks, and put simmons genII on. Ran up the hill tonight and its much better (but the snow down low is awful rough and tough... get her in some powder friday andtry to fine tune it. The skis are AWESOME... HUGE difference from the stock skis. Turning radius cut in 1/2 at least.

Carb heaters... I'll try them out. Havn't had cold enough or deep enough to worry about it yet though.

I would still appreciate comment on risers though. I want to order some, but don't want to extend any cables. So can I go 4" or should I go less?

Like(s)
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sagerider View Post
    Thanks...

I would still appreciate comment on risers though. I want to order some, but don't want to extend any cables. So can I go 4" or should I go less?
    I will do it after work today!!! Sorry about that. I got a little side tracked!
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

1. On my 01 MM700, I put on a 4" Rox Riser with no problems.

2. The Rox Riser also pivot for different angles.

3. You just have to make adjustments on the fly to see what will work best for your wife. Not too hard at all.

4. Like Hawthorne said, I only used the carb heaters in very cold weather. Make sure they are turned off for spring riding. It will affect the jetting making the sled run more rich and sluggish.

I had my MM piped, airbox mod, reed spacers, riser and lefty. When my wife took it over, it all went back to stock. It's been a great sled!

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. Go less then 4 my cuzin bought a 4 and **** neer had to cut the thing in half to fit it on u might be able to get it on but u don't wanna be stretching ur cables. I am buying a 3 inch for mine and if I have to cut a quarter inch off or so I will. 2. Straight up all the way. 3. Like everyone else said. What works for me I have the big one on top notch the front one on second notch and skies on bottom. 4. Yeah don't ever put it half way either its either fully open or fully closed half way ull piss antifreeze.