Thread: Any Ideas on Modifying Front Ramps of V-nose Trailer?

Like(s)
    Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts

Default Any Ideas on Modifying Front Ramps of V-nose Trailer?

I got to thinking about the possibility of modifying the front v-nose of my trailer? When the front ramp is down, it's super steep. It's almost like riding the sleds off the trailer without a ramp at all. Don't particularly like this; hence my question on ideas to you guys???? TIA

Name:  100MEDIA36IMAG0151.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  89.8 KB
    Last edited by b5beauty; 10-22-13 at 02:20 PM.

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 39 Posts

There probably are some things you could figure out to lessen the angle but it doesn't look abnormal. I think after you use it a few times you'll get use to it

Like(s)
    Liked 62 Times in 47 Posts

X2 in that. The thing the ramps are "really" there for is to keep the bumper from hitting the deck as you drive off. e.i. -Something for the track attack angle to roll down. It won't even really feel weird once your parked on snow..or have done it a few times as Waxer said.

Hope your feeling better. My fusion seems to be healing ...therapy 2x weekly now. Good luck!

Oh..btw the ramp angle will be nothing compared to dropping into bowls and such to play in. It's a GREAT feeling in the tummy
    Last edited by Greengarage; 10-23-13 at 10:44 AM.
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

4. Post Likes:

Like(s)

Thanks for the replies! I guess you're right. I think I used it one time, so I'm not super comfortable with driving it right off (but I will). Funny thing is I can mess around on the sled without feeling a little nervous... go figure.

@ Greengarage, I'm so happy things are healing well for you! You think you'll be ready for riding? I have to admit I'm feeling down some as I'm sooo not where I want to be. I had my Physical therapist tell me yesterday, "I'm healing right on track, but the sledding thing might not be something I'm not going to physically be ready for!" WTH!!! Totally got me down! I threw away my summer, and my wakeboarding - and for him to tell me I might be rushing things is completely depressing! I did realize I wasn't going to be able to do any type of aggressive riding, but I plan on keeping it that way. I'm a determined person =)

Like(s)
    Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts

There's all kinds of riding, you may not be ready to make the high mark, but I can't think that a day on the trails would be out of order. There are plenty of trail systems to choose from and all of 'em are fun!

Get well quick!

7. Post Likes:

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Find some aluminium or steel stock that will fit in the tubes on the ramp. You can slide it in the existing tubes and extend them. It will make it less steep that way.

9. Post Likes:

Like(s)

B5, LOL (except it isn't funny) it sounds like we have the same therapist, tall...drives a nice car...always wanting to put a flat foot on a good time ect ect yeah I'll be ready for something I guess. Dunno how much I will be able to do...but like BC said always some type of riding to be done. Sitting at the window watching flakes is only cool for the first few moments!
    One thing tho for me -it takes longer for our season to begin. I'll have more time than you to continue to heal...and of course you can ride longer in the season too. Why DO I live here??? J/k. Thanks for the kind words B5.
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

11. Post Likes:

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greengarage View Post
    B5, LOL (except it isn't funny) it sounds like we have the same therapist, tall...drives a nice car...always wanting to put a flat foot on a good time ect ect yeah I'll be ready for something I guess. Dunno how much I will be able to do...but like BC said always some type of riding to be done. Sitting at the window watching flakes is only cool for the first few moments!
    One thing tho for me -it takes longer for our season to begin. I'll have more time than you to continue to heal...and of course you can ride longer in the season too. Why DO I live here??? J/k. Thanks for the kind words B5.
    If I have to bubble tape my leg in order to ride I will! I'm glad I will have my 'babysitter' (boyfriend) to keep me on track... e.g. staying on the smooth trails, and no attempts to jump and ride aggressivly! Arrrrr, I sooo want to just jump in and do some serious riding. As mentioned it's better to at least jump on a sled and ride the trails, versus dreaming while watching the snow flakes out the window! =) Im keeping my fingers crossed for you, so you can sled this year!

Like(s)

Maybe you should organize a "rehab" sledders ride, I bet Ford428 would be in for that

14. Post Likes:

Like(s)

I'm up for that
    I'm thinking this May be the year to upgrade helmets...lighter being better. I'm so satisfied with mine tho I wouldn't change unless it would be benificial... Or more comfortable.

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BCDan View Post
    Maybe you should organize a "rehab" sledders ride, I bet Ford428 would be in for that
    LOL, sad style of riding... I'm sure it would be a site...for-sure!

Like(s)

Maybe I can find a couple of paramedics to follow the group around, just in case

Like(s)

FNG works in an ER recovery room I believe. He'd be a great guy to have on the team... Hey Wes can you just imagine that 1200 pulling on those new shoulder parts... Hope your healin well to big guy. Oh $... , sorry b5 for veering off course here a little (polite hijack??)

Like(s)

I stopped by and talked to Wes yesterday, he has full range of motion in his shoulder and is pretty much doing what he normally does. Which is probably too much, knowing Wes!