Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Goggles to buy and why???

Like(s)
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BCDan View Post
    so.. where's the red ride??
    It was in the trailer. Needed the muff pot for some cooking and oldest likes his new sled and didn't want to ride it. Was kind of fun to ride a 550 fan with a 136, could turn on a dime compared to riding the long tracks. That and since it was a family ride didn't need all the power of fuel consumption.
    craterlandscape.com

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Foe me; I have Scott's and Dragon's.

Now the Dragon's do come in sizes. I just purchased a Dragon that is D1XT with the Angle Pink Green / Pink Ionized Lens for low light, these are large. I have a medium size that are Rose for bright days and can only wear my HJC helmet with them.

I have always been a Scott's fan and probably always will. They are Rose lens as well. Currently have the Hustle & 87's.

I have tried the 509, but they fog up and don't fit my face & helmet very well.

I have thought about the Triple 9 Optics but I believe that they could be small for me.
    Not just boys have bad arse toys............censored word

www.snackerpackers.com

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been wearing Oakley O frames for a long time and like Sandman says, put them in the engine compartment every time you stop.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is a new company in western Washington selling goggles, they are called "Dare Devils". The owner is on Snowest. He has 2 styles and one of the styles is similar to the 509 Aviators, except his are only $50 with a case and free shipping. Might be worth checking out.

Like(s)
    Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy357 View Post
    There is a new company in western Washington selling goggles, they are called "Dare Devils". The owner is on Snowest. He has 2 styles and one of the styles is similar to the 509 Aviators, except his are only $50 with a case and free shipping. Might be worth checking out.
    I bought a pair of his goggles.
    Havn't tried them yet obviously but for $50 they seem good.

Normally I wear the Smith Snowmobile goggles but they don't appear to make them anymore which sucks.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know it is hard to tell without actually riding with them, but what do you think of them so far? How do you think they compare to 509 or some of the other brands?

Like(s)

Don't know never used anything but Smith snowmobile goggles before. They don't have the extra foam around the edge like smiths, and they are one the narrow side. But they seem pretty good.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The price is fair if they are decent I might have to try a pair. Cleaned out the shop and headed to the Spokane snow show tomorrow to yard sell some gear, maybe I will take some profits and order a set of the Dare Devils and give them a try.

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy357 View Post
    The price is fair if they are decent I might have to try a pair. Cleaned out the shop and headed to the Spokane snow show tomorrow to yard sell some gear, maybe I will take some profits and order a set of the Dare Devils and give them a try.
    I think he sold out of his first batch. Saw that on snowest not sure if he has got a new batch yet.

Like(s)
    Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts

Goggles are driving me crazy! The problem is you won't really know until you ride with them =( Also, where I live, I'm not even sure where I could go to get some, but look at them in person, and try them on with my helmet =(

Like(s)
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

One thing to consider is an OTG (over the glasses) goggle, most brands make them and they tend to have a larger air volume inside the goggle so they tend to fog less, not none, but less. Air flow is key so something with front venting or top vents that are not fully blocked by your helmet helps, a breath box in your helmet also helps a lot and keeps the warmth and humidity from your breathing away from your lenses. Currently I'm wearing some Scott Prodigy goggles, also have some SPY goggles that work, have used the Xi goggles and really liked their low light lens. Unfortunately we are (most of us) riding in the Cascades in fairly warm conditions AND we get a lot of hoar front which just sucks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12