2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default new tow rig/mudder

We confirmed its a 351/400m... It has some aftermarket edlebrock inline fuel pump (original is broke apparently) this thing just dumps gas in it... Coasting after letting off gas its blowing bout 1' flames.... It is a very short pipe but im goin w this isnt normal...
    Does anyone know what i could do to get some ponies outa this thing?
    Im already thinking edlebrock intake, 600cfm 4barrel carb, and some headers i was told that would get me about 75-100hp but idk much about ford motors (gas milage isnt a concern im fabbing up a 40gal fuel tank and mounts for 2 jerry cans as reserves)
    This is gonna be primarily a mud truck running on 38"-40" tires and heavy as h@ll the front bumper adds roughly 50-75lbs and roll cage more
    Any advice on how to get power outa this is deff appreciated but im on a budget and this is a project truck but i want it to be reliable and not stall out in BFE and leave me stranded id rather build this once and not have to do major work on it all the time

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

wow wes i always thought the clevland was a big block, haven't seen one in decades, like you said it was only a car motor and was way out of date by the time i started wrenching. seemed to remember my buddies grandma had one in her torino and it looked twice as big as his dads 302. maybe it only looked bigger cause the 302 was in a bronco...

as for getting more power i'd say your money would be best spent on gearing down the front and rear end. if its a stick it should have the granny first trans so your mainly only gonna use 2nd-4th which kind of robs you of having a tighter trans gear ratio. lower gearing will help overcome this and also save you a lot of extra wear on your clutch, especially if your gonna run that size of tires.

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

Here are a few things to do and add some power to this thing.

1) A set of Hooker Headers would help a ton. Much as you breath in, you have to breath out!

2) Get a old school Edelbrock Street Master Intake. Dont do the Performer, if your looking for power. Here are some on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-St...sories&vxp=mtr

3) MSD or a Mallory 6AL Box. That will help in power but also burn clean. Easy starting too.

4) A Holley carb 600~650cfm Vacuum Secondary would be a better choice for power over the Edelbrock Carb.

I could add in a few more Items but this is a great start for getting the most out of it too.
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP

Like(s)
    Liked 120 Times in 97 Posts

850 double pumper,dual points and noss.

Like(s)
    Liked 120 Times in 97 Posts

shutup moon.LOL

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default new tow rig/mudder

Thanks for info... It is already geared low lmao mabe bc it was a rock crawler and dump truck for previous owners but i gps it (speedo dont work) and it barely does 55 screaming in 4th gear and 4wd low in first and second gear speed didnt even register on gps (my jeep will register in 4 low and it has 4.10 gears)

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

sledspace sticker will add at least another 10hp!

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
    wow wes i always thought the clevland was a big block, haven't seen one in decades, like you said it was only a car motor and was way out of date by the time i started wrenching. seemed to remember my buddies grandma had one in her torino and it looked twice as big as his dads 302. maybe it only looked bigger cause the 302 was in a bronco...
    I wouldnt say way out of date... They where way ahead of the game at that time and for many years too. Even though it was a short run for the 351C but they dominated the tracks for a long time. Never underestimate the little Big "C"! LOL
    I'm building a 408 Stroker Cleveland for my Dad's 72 Torino. Should be about 550HP on pump gas! No joke...
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went to yankee lake truck night in ohio to see some of the competition for next year when we do the time trials for the mud pit.... All i gotta say is theres a few people sh!ttin more Benjamin's than me especially when u can walk under their truck w out bumping ur head... I dont think the old ford gonna make it that high mabe 6" blocks and some hockey puck body lift but wow it was an awesome time jeep only got stuck once and ended up suckin water , collapsied air filter, and exhaust gently removed by a rock lmao

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12