Thread: boost bottle?

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default boost bottle?

My buddy has 2010 crossfire 800H.O. And was wondering abt runnin boost bottle .... Iv heard of polaris runnin them but anyone have any insight on runnin it on a cat?

Like(s)
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

By boost bottle are you talking about nitrous?

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default boost bottle?

No.... Its a bottle with a tube goin to the carb/intake... In "theory" it works by creating a vacume at higher rpms.... Then when throttle is released the vacume in bottle sucks up excess gas fumes.... When throttle is depressed again these fumes are sucked in giving a "boost"... This is my understanding of how they work there is more technical explainations online.... If u want an example of one search for a yamaha banshee boost bottle online (these are common mod for them)

Like(s)
    Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts

If the Cat has Mikuni flat slide carbs, there will be little, if any, value in a boost bottle.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default boost bottle?

2010 crossfire is fuel injection.... I never heard of it on fuel inj sleds though that why i was askin bout it?

Like(s)

Me either. I had a boost bottle on a 97 RMK 700, it helped that sled clean up the mid-range. They were used a lot on 2-stroke sleds with no reeds (case ported) but were sometimes beneficial on reed inducted engines. They did better on the Mikuni round slides or Keihin D-slide carbs with hardly any effect on Mikuni flat slides. I don't see any advantage in an injected engine, the fuel delivery relies on impulses from the injector and not from venturi action of air across a jet. The gas delivered will be the same whether there's a boost bottle or not.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default boost bottle?

Oh ok well would u happen to know what my carbs would be? They came off of the cougar and ik they r mikuni

Like(s)

Most likely round slide Mikuni. Cat used the round slides for a lot of years on a lot of sleds. The round slides have been slowly replaced by flat slide carbs and EFI but there's still a bunch of them out there! If the top has a cap that screws onto a round body, they are round slide carbs (Mikuni VM, to be precise.) The flat slides are Mikuni TM's and are usually arranged in a rack where one throttle cable runs both carbs through linkage.