Thread: klim

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default klim

Wondering if I should get bibs or pants from klim?? And also what style klim jacket?

Like(s)
    Liked 120 Times in 97 Posts

freeride pants are good.never get wet.

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default klim

Thanks for the input I'll check um out

Like(s)
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

extreme bib comfortable and never wet but goes for everything with the Klim name.
    11 Pro 800 155
    03 Summit 550 fan
    08/10 Dragon 800 155 FOR SALE
    01 RMK 550 fan

crosscreekgc.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
    well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
    worn out, and loudly proclaiming
    WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default klim

That was my ? What do you guys like better bibs or pants??

Like(s)
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

pants. easier to access when there is an emergency... You can laugh but I know you all have experienced it!
    craterlandscape.com

Like(s)
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts

I have been using the Powerxross pullover for the last few seasons.

Pros: Less bulk, no big zippers, streamlined, huge pit zips (one side goes all the way down)
    Cons: Have to pull it off and on

I have used the Tog bibs for a few seasons. A super awesome bib/pant. Last season I tried out the Freeride pant, and really liked them. I think they are more comfortable, and give you a little more flexibility. However, they do not keep the snow that blows up your jacket off of you, so your back/belly can get wet. If you go with the Freeride pants, definitely get the Klim suspenders (not the deluxe ones). They velcro on/off the pant.

They also make the Extreme bib, which I have not tried out. It has a higher back, like a bib, and a low front, like a pant. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Like(s)
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Also worth looking at the motorfist gear, my buddy has their pant and had a zipper start to go, they sent him a brand new pair before he sent his in to be repaired, so no down days. I on the other hand had a strap blow on my brand new Klim pack, less than 2 weeks old, I spoke with the dealer I bought it from, he said to call Kilm as he didn't want to deal with it himself so I called Klim, they told me to take it to a local seamstress and get it repaired on my own dime. Klim does make good gear but for the price, they don't stand up to their warranty like they aparently used to.

I own a pair on Klim boots which I Like, a Klim pack and pant and like both but after the above experience I will look at everything else and buy that instead. I will certainly look at the Klim gear again when my current gear finally wears out (years from now), I'll just have no confidence that it will be coming with any kind of warranty no matter what they say before the purchase.

Like(s)
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts

Motorfist changed their warranty from 106 years to 5 years in 2011. Klim gear has a lifetime warranty. I have always found Klim to stand behind their product 100%.

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default klim

That's good to know guys

Like(s)
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

My experience with what Klim's reputation is/was before the purchase and what they actually DID for me after I bought there gear and had a problem was different, and Klims "lifetime warranty" is the lifetime of the gear, not your lifetime, apparently my pack was only expected to last 2 weeks.

I do really like my Klim boots and freeride pants and have not had a problem with either of those products in 3 seasons, good gear, just not happy with the pack situation, and the pack they stood behind exactly 0%, at 2 weeks and maybe 4-5 rides and the strap holding my shovel to the pack pulls out of it's stitching, for the price those things go for they should have fixed it.

Just my opinion and while Klim does make some good gear it's worth looking beyond just Klim.
    Last edited by FNG; 07-06-12 at 05:31 PM.