Thread: Breath Box

Default Breath Box

I was wondering if any of you have been effected by the "claustrophobic" experience of using a "Breath Box"? I tried one and thought I was suffocating! I've never had feelings of claustrophia an any other sport such as snorkling or scuba. But the breath box really had me panicking almost. (CO2 retention)

Yeah.. You know I've had that effect quite a bit- normally it's only at 1st, when I get geared up or if I'm really workin pumpin ditches jumpin approaches ect. The more I let it bother me , the more it does!! If I just ride I forget about it (usually). It prob. bothers some more than others. Try breathing exclusively thru your nose. Don't tense during ridding or you dont breathe as well. Good luck!
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Chilly,

I haven't used one, but sometimes the breath deflector above my nose gave me some weird feelings. I stick primarily with moto-cross helmet and Ski Gog's nowadays. A Klim Balaclava is usually worn as well on the Pow days to keep the neck warm.

Don't tell me that you're one of those guys who wears the Full-Face Modular helmet with a heated visor, are you?

Doh clicky ------>
    '13 800 PRO RMK 163

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Oh gosh.....the full face modular "Storm Trooper" helmets would be the end of me! I'm a MX helmet wearer. I gotta have air!

Call me goofy, but I have found the full face modular helmet the best option for us people stuck with wearing glasses. I may look like a storm trooper but not having foggy glasses makes the ride way better.

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Call me goofy, but I have found the full face modular helmet the best option for us people stuck with wearing glasses. I may look like a storm trooper but not having foggy glasses makes the ride way better.
    Lotsa modular haters on here. I don't understand it, wear what works for you.
    11 800 Pro
    02 550 sport touring
    04 Sabercat

I use both each one works better in certain situations I love my modular heated shield when riding at night in bad weather works excellent , I like how light the mx style is but you have to have a few extra sets of goggles and its more of a "fair weather " setup and i hate the breath box in either style !

Quote Originally Posted by ace59 View Post
    Lotsa modular haters on here. I don't understand it, wear what works for you.
    I'm not a "hater". I've never actually tried one of the moduler helmets. And "no fog" would be great. This year has been wierd being that 7 times now I've riddin this year; and except for one time; the temps have been in the 40s. Too warm for a full face. But I might try one of these days.

for years wore a fullface heated shield.there nice when its cold.u can feel the heat on your face.
    now wear a Balaclava and googles,works good enough most of the time.but when its real cold,i
    miss the heated sheild.

Have both. really only wear the Mx style Dad wears glasses and would never goto the mx style till the last year when he had a good set of prescription goggles made up. He said he will never go back to the modular style again.
    craterlandscape.com

They also make goggles that have cutouts for your glasses frame. I too ride my street bike with a modular (and love it), and was just kidding about being a nerd. One of the best things about a Modular is when I teach on the range for Team Oregon I can flip it up and discuss after I show the students a demo ride on the range. I'm just bored and trying to get some discussion going.

Good news is that I'm riding tomorrow and can get some aggressions out - via throttle application and 2-stroke exhaust smell!
    '13 800 PRO RMK 163

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

No worrys . the prescription goggles do sound like the way to go. Stupid glasses I wish I was a good candidate for lasik. There is nothing more frustrating than foggy glasses. I will be looking into the goggles where do you get them, my opt does not know.

Nekkr.com
    Hands down the BEST money I've ever spent on snowmobiling gear. No fogging, no snow in the jacket, no freezing neck, and hot air is vented out the back. Down hill turns in snow over your helmet are comfortable now. I'd rather freeze then wear a balaclava....

Just bought the nekkr thanks for the post Eludnu .

i wear a mx helmet and the peice you wear under the helmet. it keeps my face down to my neck warm. bad thing is they dont make the kind i have anymore. its made of some type of foam. works wonders. but i would say it takes a few min to put everything on. needless to say i am always the last to start and go. but as for googles. i need ALOT better pair. i need a pair that take out all the stinking glare and shows what terrain your in.