Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Default Introduce Yourself

Welcome to SledSpace. Tell us a little about yourself. If you want, let us know if you have any areas of expertise that we can all draw off of.

Ben

Default RE: Introduce Yourself

I'm Susie and I live in Hillsboro...until 29FEB. Then I'm in limbo until we buy a house in Creswell. My SO is Todd (aka Tedd). We are your SAWS reps here in Oregon.

I've been riding every winter since 1996. My current sled is a 04 RMK 800 151. I plan to pipe it, but that probably won't happen until next year. Right now she just has bar risers, Fox shocks and a kick-a$$ Boss seat. I like to boondock and am beginning to like a hill climb every now and again. Trails are only for getting to the good stuff. If I could stay off groomed trails all day, I'd be a happy-camper!

Most of all though...I just like to get out there and soak up some Oregon sunshine. Ya'all know how absent the sunshine is in the Willamette Valley in the winter! Sledding all winter helps keep me sane - and HAPPY!

Default Introduce Yourself

Hi, I live in Imbler, Southeast of Tollgate. I regularly ride Tollgate and Catherine Creek (Flagstaff), and occasionally Salt Creek (Joseph) and annually a week in Idaho near McCall (Patty Flats, Boulder Lake).

I ride an 03 RMK 700. I am part of a snowmobiling family so I always have a group to ride with.

My experience is almost 100% Polaris. Owned/worked on anything from 86 to now. Cant affored to let the dealer do a whole lot, do it all myself.

I have for a season and a half now been playing with GPS and mapping some of my riding. If interested I would share some of my gpx files. Well, if I get around to organizing and cleaning them up anyway.

Roger Beckner

Hi, I'm Sumpter Sam and I don't ride due to disabilities, but I maintain our website, volunteer where I can, and have lots of fun. I am a proud member of the Ghostriders in Sumpter, Oregon! Sumpter Snowmobile Club

Hi,

Matt from Bend, Oregon here.

I'm a Snowmobile NOOB and a motorcycle rider who's now
    officially HOOKED on sledding. :-)

It's all my WIFE'S FAULT too. She hooked up with some
    friends who took us snowmobiling up at Paulina Lake in
    Central Oregon. Next thing you know, I'm buying 2
    new-to-me snowmobiles.

A 1999 Polaris RMK 700
    And a 1996 Polaris Indy 500

The RMK is mine and it's fun, but I'm finding myself
    riding the little Indy 500 a lot. I like it because it
    only has 1 inch lugs/paddles and I can flat-track the
    heck out of it and pass people on the insides of corners
    totally sideways. IT'S NUTS!

Anyway.

I just wanted to introduce myself. :-)

hey guys, the name is Jared. I live in Keizer, and a member of the Mt. Jefferson club.

this is my thirdish season riding. sledding is a family affair for me. My wife and in-laws got me into it and i am hooked. We ride mainly at Hoodoo, but try to get down to Diamond lake atleast once a year.

I ride a 06 Polaris 600HO RMK 144 track. Haven't done much to it just a can and some apperance stuff, but I have plans for it. I must say I love my sled. I rode quads for years at the dunes, and I can honestly say I enjoy sledding so much more. The people are better, season is usually longer, and not to mention no sand in places I dont want it to be.

glad to see a strictly Oregon site. Hope that it gets going and becomes very useful, and even find some new people to ride with.

Hi,

This is a pretty great idea you have here. My name is Kim and I am the secretary of the Rogue Snowmobilers. I also try to keep our website new and exciting. We have a forum on our website but I find myself "talking to myself" quite often on it. We use it for information only. You can visit the website at www.roguesnowmobilers.com and check it out. I am going to let our club members know that this forum exists.

If anyone is every down in our area, we try to keep an up to date grooming page so you know what to expect. If you need any advise about where to ride in our area, give any one of our board members a call and they can help you out. Their contact information is on the website.

By the way....hats off to the Klamath club for hosting an excellent convention last week!!!

Hey all, my name is Toby. I live in Hermiston, but was born and raised in Prairie City and Baker City Or. I'm a proud daddy of two girls, Makaila 10yrs. and Gracie 1 month.

I've been riding seriosly for about 6 years. My sled of choice is an 04' 900 Cat that rips!

We ride Halfway, Tollgate and Olive Lake/Vinegar regularly. I love climbing and boondocking.
    I love Archery hunting and fishing almost as much as sleddin'!

I'm very excited about this site and hope that it really takes off. I love meeting people in my area that love to sled as much as me and would love to try out some new stuff!

Welcome all!

Look around the site, post often, share with friends. Be sure to check out the calendar, top right of the site, and add any events you know of that aren't already on there.

Let's see some photos once people can get out.

Look forward to chatting with you!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BendSledneck
    Hi,

new-to-me snowmobiles.

A 1999 Polaris RMK 700

Anyway.

Welcome to the forum and the sport. Sounds like you are having fun. Always feel free to ask questions, I am sure you will get a great response. This is one of the reasons I started this forum - to share information of all kinds.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Welcome to the forum and the sport. Sounds like you are having fun. Always feel free to ask questions, I am sure you will get a great response. This is one of the reasons I started this forum - to share information of all kinds.

Ben
    Right on.

By the way... I don't pass just anyone like that.

Just my brother, friends, WIFE, etc. ;-)

I look forward to riding this weekend.
    I'd like to go over the top of Kwohl Butte/Sheridan Mtn
    and then down to Elk Lake for a burger and beer.

Matt - good luck getting there this weekend! We tried to reach Kwoll on 12/31 and the snow was too deep then...and the trails were ungroomed as well. With the snow we have now, it'll be even more of challenge to get anywhere near either shelter!! Take pics!!

Also near Sheridan, there are large geothermal holes all over the place. Don't fall into one....there is no snow at the bottom of them and they can come up on you unexpectedly. I can't remember what the proper name is for it, but the earth generates heat in spots and snow does not cover it. So, the warmth just creates this big hole in the snow pack. SCARY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oregongirl
    Matt - good luck getting there this weekend! We tried to reach Kwoll on 12/31 and the snow was too deep then...

Also near Sheridan, there are large geothermal holes all over the place. Don't fall into one.... SCARY!!
    Hi OregonGirl,

Thanks for the info on Kwohl Butte being full of snow.

Maybe I'll skip that and do some trails over to Elk Lake.

I hear ya about the Geothermal holes on Sheridan.
    I've seen 'em and they're SCARY! You don't want to
    fall into one... it's heat from HOT MAGMA!!!

Oregon Girl the word you were looking for is "Fumaroles".

I worked for Mt. Bachelor ski patrol in the early 90's and we had to deal with these things alot......

Was up at bachelor yesterday.... LOT's of freakin' snow up there folks... broke trail from wanoga to elk lake..... Fun-fun!

Later!

FireCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Oregongirl
    Matt - good luck getting there this weekend! We tried to reach Kwoll on 12/31 and the snow was too deep then...and the trails were ungroomed as well. With the snow we have now, it'll be even more of challenge to get anywhere near either shelter!! Take pics!!

Also near Sheridan, there are large geothermal holes all over the place. Don't fall into one....there is no snow at the bottom of them and they can come up on you unexpectedly. I can't remember what the proper name is for it, but the earth generates heat in spots and snow does not cover it. So, the warmth just creates this big hole in the snow pack. SCARY!!

Quote Originally Posted by BendSledneck
    Hi,

new-to-me snowmobiles.

A 1999 Polaris RMK 700

Anyway.

Hey Matt, have you done any motoring on our trails in Sumpter? They're awesome! We get a lot atv's in the summer up here, but i'm always trying to encourage more of the motor cross crowd to come up!

Hello my name is Dan. I grew up riding sleds with my dad in north central Washington where we lived. I started my wife about 4 years ago and bought her a new sled last year. I bought my new sled this year so we now have an '07 Crossfire 6 and an '08 M-8. Of course I had to put an SLP pipe and can with an attitude fuel box and high flow air intake on it. I have also had some clutch work done so it really screams! I mainly ride in the Mt. Hood area but I get up to Yakima a couple of times a year and I go to McCall Idaho for a week too. I live in Milwaukie and have a couple of kids that love to ride with mom and dad. I am always looking for people to ride with and new places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. biff
    Hello my name is Dan. I grew up riding sleds with my dad in north central Washington where we lived. I started my wife about 4 years ago and bought her a new sled last year. I bought my new sled this year so we now have an '07 Crossfire 6 and an '08 M-8. Of course I had to put an SLP pipe and can with an attitude fuel box and high flow air intake on it. I have also had some clutch work done so it really screams! I mainly ride in the Mt. Hood area but I get up to Yakima a couple of times a year and I go to McCall Idaho for a week too. I live in Milwaukie and have a couple of kids that love to ride with mom and dad. I am always looking for people to ride with and new places to go!
    Welcome Dan!

One of the most viewed posts on H2Oregon is a request for riding parnters. As we increase membership it should be easy to meet new people and get info on riding areas across the state - this is one of the main reasons H2Oregon exists.

Thanks for joining and let your friends know about us. Talk to you soon!

Ben

I'm from Klamath falls, and have enjoyed snowmobiling since 1998. A converted sandduner..only during the winter! The Chiloquin Ridge Riders have conspired to keep me cheif officer for awhile now, our current project is a snow shelter at Annie Creek snow park. My wife and riding partner has had a spinal injury and no longer rides. We have 4 grown kids we are proud of and one grandchild. We love our home but use any excuse to be in our forests! And yes oregon girl we are both members of saws!

Quote Originally Posted by sumptersam
    Hey Matt, have you done any motoring on our trails in Sumpter? They're awesome! We get a lot atv's in the summer up here, but i'm always trying to encourage more of the motor cross crowd to come up!
    Hi SumpterSam,

I've never ridden the dirt trails out there.

Farthest East I've gone so far is Brother's Oregon
    for gas and grub.

Looks like it would take about 2 1/2 hours to drive
    out there. Is it worth it? :-)

Got pics?

Hi,

Dave from north eastern Oregon.

I live in Cove (16 miles east of La Grande). I have been a sled nut for more than 20 years. I have a '07 summit 800 xrs & a '07 600 rmk, plus one or two projects. hope to see this site take off, I will try to post often.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast