Thread: What is Sandmans definition of "powder"?

Default What is Sandmans definition of "powder"?

I have noticed that Sandman uses the term “pow” in almost all of his posts. Now, I ride in Central Oregon and have ridden at Diamond Lake, and have skied many times in Colorado, Utah, Idaho and Oregon so that’s my basis for this discussion.

My understanding of the term “powder” refers to very light fluffy snow. We rarely get Colorado/Utah/Idaho quality powder here in Oregon. We do get some over the hood days, but often it’s just deep and sometimes a little heavy compared to that up your nose dust it off your cloths... over your head powder. I have seen Sandman refer to patches of something white in some of his very nice summer excursion pictures, I would think it’s left over crud snow at best or just ice.

So I guess the bottom line is, I’m confused when he says he is waiting for the “pow”?? What da heck are you waiting for Sandman?

This post is just in fun, and I know we are all going a bit nuts right now waiting for it to snow! Last year at this time we rode the day before Halloween, so it looks like the “pow” is a little late this year LOL

might be trail pow.the chewed up stuff groomers leave behind

pow to me is just another shorter word for snow!!! know we don't get the dry fluffy stuff here all that often, if that was the only thing i called pow i'd never get to use one of my favorite words if its white and fell from the sky it fits my weak definition of pow. when it gets to be that nice fluffy stuff thats what i'd call heaven so when you see me use the word pow just insert snow there, i'm just too lazy to type 4 letters instead of 3.

oregon sledder would take a lot more than that to make me feel like i've been personally attacked. heck i post my opinion all the time, if you can dish it out you'd better be able to take it or your just a mangina in my book see there i go again if my body weren't in such bad shape and i had a brand new sled i'd never ridden yet sitting in my shop i'd be going aboslutley insane! so let the pow fly, i'm ready to get back up to my wintertime home, although my body might not!!! but it just better man up, or i might just have to trade it in for a newer model. anyone got a lightly used 20ish year old body for sale???

oh yeah almost forgot, lets get this started early this year, STOP THE GROOMERS
    Last edited by 89sandman; 10-29-11 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
    pow to me is just another shorter word for snow!!! know we don't get the dry fluffy stuff here all that often, if that was the only thing i called pow i'd never get to use one of my favorite words if its white and fell from the sky it fits my weak definition of pow. when it gets to be that nice fluffy stuff thats what i'd call heaven so when you see me use the word pow just insert snow there, i'm just too lazy to type 4 letters instead of 3.

oregon sledder would take a lot more than that to make me feel like i've been personally attacked. heck i post my opinion all the time, if you can dish it out you'd better be able to take it or your just a mangina in my book see there i go again if my body weren't in such bad shape and i had a brand new sled i'd never ridden yet sitting in my shop i'd be going aboslutley insane! so let the pow fly, i'm ready to get back up to my wintertime home, although my body might not!!! but it just better man up, or i might just have to trade it in for a newer model. anyone got a lightly used 20ish year old body for sale???

oh yeah almost forgot, lets get this started early this year, STOP THE GROOMERS

Yes sir let it snow! I'm getting tired of being a keyboard jocky!!