Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1999 Polaris 700 RMK Snowmobile For Sale

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 1999 Polaris 700 RMK Snowmobile For Sale

Up for sale is my wife's very clean 1999 Polaris 700 RMK (GenII body) snowmobile. This snowmobile has seen 3060 trouble-free miles (mostly trail). It is in excellent working condition and has never caused us any problems mechanically or otherwise. It has a 2" paddle track, windshield bag, "Ram" GPS mount, new belt, new spare belt, new Hi-fax. The carbides are good, track is excellent, and body/chassis is free from damage. It has never been wrecked or damaged, and gets regular service. The has normal/good compression and once the machine is warmed up, my wife can start it by herself. The machine is totally stock and has never had any modifications. The stock can (boat anchor) is somewhat loud, and may need re-packed if you want a quiet sled.

Snow is coming, first $1600 takes it home. I also have placed a craigslist Ad, so don't delay if you're looking. It may sell fast!

Here are some pictures:

Name:  DSC02265.jpg
Views: 6317
Size:  173.1 KB

Name:  DSC02266.jpg
Views: 4497
Size:  175.2 KB

Name:  DSC02267.jpg
Views: 3561
Size:  208.5 KB

Name:  DSC02269.jpg
Views: 3548
Size:  173.0 KB

Name:  DSC02270.jpg
Views: 3264
Size:  168.0 KB

Name:  DSC02271.jpg
Views: 3188
Size:  142.5 KB

Name:  DSC02272.jpg
Views: 3258
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  DSC02274.jpg
Views: 3649
Size:  172.3 KB

Name:  DSC02276.jpg
Views: 3396
Size:  169.2 KB

Name:  DSC02277.jpg
Views: 3221
Size:  173.7 KB

Name:  DSC02278.jpg
Views: 3010
Size:  148.2 KB

Name:  DSC02279.jpg
Views: 4851
Size:  163.1 KB
    No toys, for now (launch the drones for INTEL)

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow; thats a nice sled. Seems like a good bargain too. You got the gears in my head turning; but I don't want to get your (or my) hopes up. ....I'll let you know if I become seriously interested. I just bought a new sled and am thinking along the lines of having an extra so I don't have to go riding by myself. One for my wife or son-in-law would be awesome.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This would be a good one. Been great on the trail, and I've used it for a spare. It'll go slow on the trail (ask my wife) or it'll climb and plow like the dickens (ask me!).

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As you know Kilroy; I'm a newbie to sledding. So I'm not real educated on 2 stroke snowmobile motors and other "wear" items. It may sound like a loaded question; but all of you guys on the forum seem like real genuine decent people. With 3K miles on it; what might be the typical mechanical "NEED" for just maintaining the reliability. I showed my wife the pics; and she kinda gave me the "ooooohh" look.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2-Strokes like this, absolutely nothing... Just add gas, oil, and rider.

I'd like others to chime in on this, but I've seen these engines go for 6,000 miles back east & Midwest without needing a top-end (read: Hone the cylinders and install new piston's and rings ~ $150 cost) That's to say if the sled hasn't been thrashed/rode hard/skipped maintenance intervals. We've always warmed the machine up good before each ride, and it's really been babied with my wife riding it. BC_Dan allowed me to borrow the tools each year to service & clean the primary clutch, as can be seen if you inspect the machine. Gearbox lube, and chassis lube has been done regularly so wear points have been kept up. Same with the Steering bushings and components, they have been replaced and lubed as needed.

The simple test is compression, looking at the chassis condition for thrashing, ease of how the machine starts and runs, and overall condition. Track inspection will also tell you how the machine has been ridden.

Anybody else have anything constructive to add, please feel free. I'd like ChillyKen to be educated on this overall. I'm not concerned if the sled sells, it'll sell for sure. This is a good topic.

Thanks,

Kilroy

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

At this point; I'm thinkin I'm really interested. I'm gonna sleep on it tonight. Those pics caught my eye and the first thing I thought was that it would be perfect for my wife! We do almost EVERYTHING together. It seemed kinda wierd that I was gonna jump in hook, line, and sinker in to "Sleddome" and have an interest that we didn't relate on.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No worries. It's worth a look, and check back to see if others have commented on this thread.

Realize that this sled is heavy, and not a good sidehilling machine. Since it doesn't have electric start, you'll have to do the initial cold start for her due to the cold-compression. Once it's started, she'll be able to re-start it herself. I have a Polaris Edge RMK as well, and my wife preferred this sled due to it's stability on the trails. Yes, it may be heavy but it's also a rocket when fuel is added! The only reason we're selling it is because we purchased two newer IQ chassis machines from another Sledspace member a few months ago. This machine is better suited for somebody with a situation like yourself, and not sitting in our garage. As it get's older, the value will continue to decrease like all things.

In the meantime, take your time. I'll let you know if I get any hits off of craigslist. The price is the same over there, so I'm not worried. I'd like to see it go to a good home. Trust me, there are things I just won't sell to a friend/acquaintance, and this isn't one of them.

Others will hopefully give honest information about this type of engine.

P.s. There is an option for electric start at the dealer. Battery, Starter, and clutch gear... Not sure about cost, maybe a couple of hundred bucks.

Like(s)
    Liked 72 Times in 56 Posts

very nice clean looking sled, i just have to ask what is the knob next to the speedo??? reminds me of a adjuster for the mirrors??? i always had cats back then so am not up to date on the older poo's.

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yep; thats just what I was thinking. I told my wife I would have an electric start put on if we buy it. She would stay on the trails (and carry the hot lunch in the muff pot) This sled is really gorgeous; and I can tell you've taken really good care of it. What area are you in?

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sandman, That knob is a RAM mount for a GPS or whatever. (clicky)

ChillyKen, I live in south Klamath Falls, a few minutes from the Airfield. Looking is free of charge! PM me for cell phone number if needed. You say she'll stay on the trails, but like my wife, it's a machine that WILL go off trail of needed, and then some! She'll likely be plowing snow off trail before you know it, on whatever you pick up for her.

Like(s)
    Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

Its the mount for the ram gps holder
    craterlandscape.com

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

p.s. There are mirrors on it because she did get in front of me sometimes... She liked keeping me back there! (don't tell her that I let her most of the time)

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That GPS mount looks like it will fit my Garmin Nuvi (another plus!) I'll contact you tomorrow.

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I gotta say, that's a very nice kept lawn also

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks. I'm really not sure what I was thinking when we planted 30,000 sqft of grass back in 2007. I'm thinking about taking a 5,000 sqft chunk out of the back (filling it with gravel) for RV parking and maybe a shop in the future. That should cut the mowing down by about 10-15 minutes each week. Thank God for Cub Cadet riding mowers.

Can you believe I put 48,000 gallons of water on the lawn each day, and 336,000 gallons of water on there per week.

Glad I'm not on City water!

Like(s)
    Liked 49 Times in 41 Posts

I'll definitely vouch for this sled, Kilroy has been absolutely truthful (just like always!) in his description of it's condition and use. His wife seldom ventured far from the trails on the many rides I have been on with them. Kilroy keeps his stuff in tip-top shape, as you can see in the pics. Buy with confidence.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The electric start issue. Does this sled have sprocket gear on the primary clutch, that would be required for electric start? If not it would require a new or used primry clutch... any where from $150 used to $300. new. Then the electric start kit and battery... probably another $250.
    I don't mean to throw a wrench in the discussion, but if electric start is important then the primary clutch issues is sort of significant.

Looks like a well maintained clean sled!

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This sled needs the whole kit-n-caboodle for electric start. No sprocket gear on the primary...

No wrench Oregonsledder, very significant. Once warmed up, my little bitty wife 5'4" 120lbs could start the sled in one pull. The hard part was showing her how to put her whole upper body into it and give it just ONE BIG PULL, not 10 little half pulls.

Kilroy

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Are you gonna be available on Saturday? I'm thinkin my wife and I might come down to take a serious look . Can I get your phone # to iron out some details?
    My email- nhrafan@bendbroadband.com 541-388-8536
    -Ken

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PM Sent (filler text to make the send feature work)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast