Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IN NEED OF NEW BOOTs

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    The problem I have found with really stiff boots, at least on my feet, is that they actually tire your feet out sooner (I start getting arch cramps).
    Thats a good point. I've noticed that too with ski boots. I've only been snowboarding twice, and my whole body hurt so much I didn't notice my feet were sore.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Motor Fist has a new boot out that my wife has instructions to buy for my b-day. Looks and feels like a solid boot, water-proofing with Event fabric, not too stiff with what looks like great traction. I will post a product review after the snow flys.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just wondering, how is MotorFist bibs and jackets? I'm thinking about purchasing some.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like the bibs and jackets are very well constructed. Cascade Motorsports carries the full line of Motor Fist gear and are very knowledgable about the product. I currently own a full set of Klim gear and am very happy with it.

Like(s)
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

I think I'm going to try these boots. Seems like if it doesn't say Gore-Tex it's not waterproof in my experience. If I don't like them I'll return them.

http://www.rei.com/product/803613/ga...ter-boots-mens
    Last edited by Petrolburner; 10-19-11 at 08:27 PM.
    Trevor

Fully addicted moto-junkie

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was gonna hold out and get some Klim boots; but I went in to Cascade Motorsports and talked with Mike and John today. I ended up trying on the Motorfist boots and I have to say; they were really comfortable, flexible, and very good quality. I walked around a bit and decided I'm sold on these. I know it's hard to tell without a ride report from being waist deep in snow with the air temp around zero; but from what they told me; this "E-vent" material actually works better than Gortex. So I went ahead and got em. Nice lookin boots! And I'm really picky about the looks and comfort of footwear.

Like(s)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petrolburner View Post
    I think I'm going to try these boots. Seems like if it doesn't say Gore-Tex it's not waterproof in my experience. If I don't like them I'll return them.

http://www.rei.com/product/803613/ga...ter-boots-mens
    OMG, I clicked on it and went to their site...
    '13 800 PRO RMK 163

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Like(s)
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    OMG, I clicked on it and went to their site...
    Yeah I don't buy anything there unless it's on sale and I plan to return it when it wears out or when I feel like getting something new, or if I just need the cash. Sierra Project MFers...
    Trevor

Fully addicted moto-junkie

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Huh? You mean REI isn't a core snowmobile gear outlet? Jus Kiddin of coarse! Seriously.....don't take me seriously. I did buy a kayak from them though. Way overpriced.... but not as bad as Alder Creek (Newley Tumalo Creek and "Hobie" pricing) REI is a good example of hypocricy in business. Supporting movements that will eventually put yourself out of business is ludicrous! (Don't get me started on politics. I have no patience or tolerance) Sorry; was that out loud?

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You should all check out Korkers new winter line of boots. The IceJack will be great for the sled. The key technology is the interchangeable soles and the BOA laces that allow you to tighten them without taking off your gloves. They come with two soles in the box; one rubber lug sole and the other is studded with carbide tips allowing you to become a 4WD car when walking on snow. They are absolutely awesome. Great support, warmth and the ability to change soles allows you the perfect blend of comfort and traction. They were also mentioned in the latest editions of BACKPACKER MAGAZINE as well as OUTSIDE MAGAZINE. Or you can check them out on www.Korkers.com.
    Name:  IceJack Boa DrpDn_2sole.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  123.7 KB

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well; now I've been riding twice; and the Motorfist boots are great! For the first time since I was a kid playing in snow; my feet stayed warm. (Thats why I'm "Chilly") The treads are agressive; and I had no problem slipping on my side boards. (Of coarse the boards on a PRO are like razorwire. They were comfortable and dry all day long. I'd give them an "A-" (just because they don't look very cool)
    So.......now the gloves. The Motorfist gloves although warm are a pain in the butt. The innerliners come out with your fingers when removing them, and when you put them back on; you have to unravel them to get your fingers back in. If you've had them off for awhile, and your hands are frozen; it's gonna take you awhile. I'd rate them a "C".
    Last edited by ChillyKen; 11-22-11 at 12:39 PM.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

alright everyone i appreciate the input i am leaning towards the Klim Adrenaline GTX. but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the HMK boots. All my gear is HMK and I love it. but i was curious about the Team and the Voyager ones. I am pretty sure I would avoid the BOA system completely. so yeah if anyone has any input good or bad on the HMK boots... fire it this way
    Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Like(s)
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I ride with the hmk prO with the boa system. I have had them for 2 years. Depends on where you ride? I like my boots. I think they are great if you are an aggressive rider. My ankles are very well supported. I feel like they put my feet in the right spot on technical climbs. The hmk's grip the rails. A lot of riders would no like them because of the size. P

I see you live in the valley the adrenaline and motor fist are more like hiking style boots

I would buy my hmk's again and will soon they will be done after3-4 hrs of heavy riding. The other styles will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rad View Post
    alright everyone i appreciate the input i am leaning towards the Klim Adrenaline GTX. but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the HMK boots. All my gear is HMK and I love it. but i was curious about the Team and the Voyager ones. I am pretty sure I would avoid the BOA system completely. so yeah if anyone has any input good or bad on the HMK boots... fire it this way

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i ended up going with the adreneline gtx. i need to start wearing them around the house to break them in. i also like the redesign on them.
    Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

UPDATE: 7 times out and the Motorfist boots are still working great! No sore feet from walking. No cold; no restriction of blood flow. (tingling) And the laces haven't come untied yet. They have a twist to the laces, and they stay tied tight without binding up in the eyelets.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyKen View Post
    UPDATE: 7 times out and the Motorfist boots are still working great! No sore feet from walking. No cold; no restriction of blood flow. (tingling) And the laces haven't come untied yet. They have a twist to the laces, and they stay tied tight without binding up in the eyelets.
    I tried some on over in Bend this last summer and they felt good on my feet. I think maybe I'll be getting myself some this summer. Keep us updated on this boot please.

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

Maybe one of these days....
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default IN NEED OF NEW BOOTs

I live my Hmk via system boots. I've had myn for 2 years now . My buddy got 4 years out of his. The new 1 s are awesome ! Love all Hmk gear!

Like(s)
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

FYI
    I'm now a Motofist dealer and should have gear in stock around Sept 10
    Greg Coen Motor Co-Polaris-Victory
    Springfield,Oregon
    1-800-889-3525
    Get parts from these manufacturers for your snowmobile at great prices:
    WPS - KLIM Aggressive Wear - Motorfist - Rox Risers - HMK - Holz Racing Products - Kimpex - Simmons Flexi-Ski - Camoplast Tracks -
    And More...

Like(s)
    Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts

wow. spam? On another snowmobile forum, you are wanting to know what boot to buy for your boyfriend. Spammers are getting better and better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast