Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IN NEED OF NEW BOOTs

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default IN NEED OF NEW BOOTs

Well the season is coming up and its time to start thinking about getting things ready for the season.

as many of you know I broke my ankle pretty good last season and was done for the year, actually i am still having some issues with it from time to time.

so needless to say it is time to upgrade my boots. I have been riding with some Altimates, they are awesome dry warm all that good stuff. but after toasting my ankle i need some better support...

therefore the big question is .....what kind of boots to get ???

who has what kind?
    pros and cons?
    pricepoint?

please hook me up with as much info as possible. remember i am looking for boots that have quite a ankle support, but at the same time I dont now want a boot that is silly stiff like a motoX boot.

so let the info fly... thanks everyone!!!
    Take me to where the white stuff is!!!!

YOU MUCH ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS, BECAUSE IF YOU NEVER FAIL YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED

Like(s)
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts

I like the Klim Adrenaline, it is about as stiff as a decent insulated work boot. The Radium is their stiffer boot, probably closer to a snowboard boot. My suggestion would be to shy away from Boa adjustment boots. People like them, but they can have issues.

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

what i always tell peeps is you'd better buy a set of boots you can walk in. if you get stranded 12 miles from the truck and you end up walking back hard snowboard type boots will wipe out your feet in less than a mile... what i'd suggest is a more moderate boot with a "T" brace underneath for ankle support. if you don't know what a "T" brace is any sporting goods place should be able to hook you up with one for less than $30. this gives you the best of both worlds, able to wear a more comfortable boot you can actually walk a few miles in and gives you the most support you can get. i have broke both my ankles, my right one twice and when i partialy roll one or the other i'm wearing the "T" brace until the swelling goes down. the brace makes it nearly impossible for your ankle to move sideways, only allows front to rear movement. know i'll be wearing one along with a load brace one my left leg at least all this next winter! now if i could just get them made out of unobtainium

Like(s)
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Klim Adrenaline
    11 Pro 800 155
    03 Summit 550 fan
    08/10 Dragon 800 155 FOR SALE
    01 RMK 550 fan

crosscreekgc.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
    well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
    worn out, and loudly proclaiming
    WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the klim radium's and i agree they are almost too stiff. As was stated, just like a snowboard boot, in fact it has binding knotches in a couple spots. I also found that klim's sizing is really whacked in boots. Almost 2 full sizes larger than actual feels almost right in the radium.

Like(s)

I wear a 10.5 - 11 in a street shoe. I have the size 11 Adrenalines, and have plenty of room. I think if you round up with them you get a decent fit. It is a super comfortable boot, I could wear them all day. I have never had wet feet, and never really been cold.

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have to go with the Adrenalines easy break in and very dry with there socks. I have been bucked off once in a carve and got my size 12 stuck in the running board. It pulled me for 40' by one foot with great support. I think the radium wouldn't have faired so well on my leg/knee. bring snow shoes and 3 day's of food in back pack, signed sandman Ps don't ride alone

Like(s)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

My vote is Sorel 8" Pac's... that's what I wear on normal days, and Bunny Boots on the really cold days, but I've been told I'm weird!
    '13 800 PRO RMK 163

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Like(s)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I agree with Kilroy on the Sorel Pac's and 89sandman on the long walk out with comfortable boots. (This being from an 8mile experience). But I have always worn pacs, never tried actual snowmobile boots. Hmmm might be something to look at.
    That T brace thing sounds very interesting since both my ankles have been sprained so bad the doc's said I would be better of if they were broken. Wonder if the T brace would work in work boots? Things to ponder and research while waiting for SNOW!

Like(s)

will take a pic of mine tonite and post it up for you guys to see. you wear it over your sock and it laces up. you can wear it with any shoe or boots, is made of nylon and has a support strip of plastic in the shape of a T on both sides. i've been wearing one off and on since i was 14 and broke my right ankle the first time playing basketball. really works awesome only lets your foot move forward and back. eliminates any side to side movement and really takes your mind off of worrying about twisting it when you have it on. will be wearing mine daily as soon as i have to give up the crutches...

Like(s)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I'm interested sandman... you have me interested, because I always have felt like my foot was in a pail of water in the sorels. I do enjoy the dry and warm comfort of them, and now may get some support!
    '13 800 PRO RMK 163

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Like(s)
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Going on year 15 with my Sorels! But the Klim Adrenaline has sparked my interest..

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I wore Sorel's for years, then spent two or three seasons in RU Outside. The last two seasons wearing Klim Adrenaline. Love 'em! Great support, but not to stiff for walking.

Like(s)

heres some pics of the T brace, doesn't look like much but trust me you won't be able to twist your ankle with one on no matter how hard you try!!! as you can tell mine has got many hours of use on it, i have one for each ankle. is very thin and lightweight, easily fits in any shoe or boot, the support they give is unreal...

Like(s)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Revisiting:

I just picked up a pair of Baffin Ignite's for this year. They seem like a nice warm pair of boots, rated at -100 C/-148 F degrees (I'll believe that when I feel it) but the Canadians seem like they know cold weather gear...

I'm a wuss when it comes to cold feetsies.

Kilroy
    '13 800 PRO RMK 163

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wear Klim Adrenaline, and like them very much. Also wear them with my quad in the spring.

I also have an extra pair for sale; size 10 $90

Name:  boots.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  143.5 KB
    Not just boys have bad arse toys............censored word

www.snackerpackers.com

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm considering Radiums being that they ARE a bit stiffer. Reason being that I have a bit of artheritis in my ankles. Some days I wear an ankle brace just with my tennis shoes. The extra support really helps alot. Our local Klim dealer still doesn't have their winter boots in yet; and I'm leary of buying boots over the internet. (I'm a REALLY picky shoe guy) I like the looks of the Radiums and they seem to have a bit more padding on the tops. But what was said about walking 12 miles back to the truck has me a little concerned. Anyway; just waiting for our local Klim dealer to get ready for winter.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would definitely wait and try on a pair if you are considering Radiums. They are as stiff as a snowboard boot. I bought mine over the internet because nobody in C.O. had decent stock last season that I could find locally and almost sent them back and traded them for the adrenaline. I wish i would have really...

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by anexkahn View Post
    I would definitely wait and try on a pair if you are considering Radiums. They are as stiff as a snowboard boot. I bought mine over the internet because nobody in C.O. had decent stock last season that I could find locally and almost sent them back and traded them for the adrenaline. I wish i would have really...
    Yeah; better to wait and try them on. I had some work boots that make my ankles worse simply because of where the padding was placed.

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyKen View Post
    Yeah; better to wait and try them on. I had some work boots that make my ankles worse simply because of where the padding was placed.
    The problem I have found with really stiff boots, at least on my feet, is that they actually tire your feet out sooner (I start getting arch cramps).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast