Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Lake Resort Info

Like(s)
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Default Diamond Lake Resort Info

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is John and I have been living and working at Diamond lake Resort for over 20 years now. I am a avid snowmobiler and believe that correct and honest information is crucial to the snowmobiling community. I am a member of OSSA and the local Roseburg club cascade connection or recognized better as cc riders. I started this thread to inform people of the conditions in our area. I will try to report any significant changes in the snow conditions weather they be good or bad.

Today we have 26" of snow in the lodge area, it is snowing lightly, 26 degrees and there have been quite a few sleds running around this weekend. Our groomer has been out and grooming trails all weekend, there is a lot of powder out there and it is deep. A couple of nice days would help it settle a bit.

We are running $59.00 motel rooms until December 22, for those of you that would like to put together a couple of days riding in a row. It costs about that much or more in fuel to go up and down the mountain each time.

Well that's it for now I hope you will find this thread useful.

John

Like(s)
    Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts

Thanks!Good info is always useful

Like(s)
    Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Glad you made it over here John! We'll be seeing you again soon. Hopefully next Sunday (would be Saturday but we are watching the Civil War game).

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Like(s)
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

Thanks for the info John! I'll be taking you up on the rooms this year or might go with one of the cabins again, we'll see.
    Polaris Pro 162" boosted
    Polaris Pro 155"
    OSSA, Walker Rim Snowmobile club:Crescent lake

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlakediva View Post
    Glad you made it over here John! We'll be seeing you again soon. Hopefully next Sunday (would be Saturday but we are watching the Civil War game).
    glad to hear that, know i'll be going up on saturday!!!! great to be able to get some first hand info on whats going on up the hill. since rambob decided to retire my insider info has declined greatly parked up there on saturday the fellow running the gas station came out and showed me a better place to unload my sled, had it in the back of my truck. he even let me park right by the gas station so i didn't have to try and get in one of the other lots. also offered to help me get my sled out of the snowbank after i pulled it out. since i was one the pro i didn't need any help but i was very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't get more snowmobile friendly than that

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
    glad to hear that, know i'll be going up on saturday!!!! great to be able to get some first hand info on whats going on up the hill. since rambob decided to retire my insider info has declined greatly parked up there on saturday the fellow running the gas station came out and showed me a better place to unload my sled, had it in the back of my truck. he even let me park right by the gas station so i didn't have to try and get in one of the other lots. also offered to help me get my sled out of the snowbank after i pulled it out. since i was one the pro i didn't need any help but i was very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't get more snowmobile friendly than that
    Thanks Sandman nice to hear good things about employees. We often only hear of the problems. I will pass your words on to the service station.

Cold this morning 7 degrees, no new snow over night. Sounds like another round of snow starting tonight or Tuesday morning.

John

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

When does the Theilson room open this year?? With the exception of last year due to the lack of snow my wife and I always spend our anniversary weekend w/ you guys.
    No longer snowmobiling.

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProRider View Post
    When does the Theilson room open this year?? With the exception of last year due to the lack of snow my wife and I always spend our anniversary weekend w/ you guys.
    It all depends on how many people are around. Last year it was not open much. When is your anniversary weekend this year?

John

Like(s)
    Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

We get bummed out too when the Thielson room isn't open but we got a tour of the remodelling being done in the Bailey Room downstairs and it is really beautiful. I think it's a nice addition to the facilities and a great compromise to keep things running during the slow times (or busy times!). Good job Diamond Lake!

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLakeResort View Post
    It all depends on how many people are around. Last year it was not open much. When is your anniversary weekend this year?

John
    It's on the 21 of December but we are planning to stay at Diamond from the 17th through the 19th of December.
    I seem to remember the last time we stayed the resort we were invited to your x-mas staff party.
    Had a great time talking to the gentleman that ran the gas station over that really good mexican feast.
    No longer snowmobiling.

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProRider View Post
    It's on the 21 of December but we are planning to stay at Diamond from the 17th through the 19th of December.
    I seem to remember the last time we stayed the resort we were invited to your x-mas staff party.
    Had a great time talking to the gentleman that ran the gas station over that really good mexican feast.
    Thats a bad time of the year, the Thielsen room will be closed that weekend. Give me a call 800-733-7593 x 230 and we can set up something special for you on Saturday night.

John

Like(s)

Had another 2" of snow on the sled this morning, 30 degrees. Looks like they are calling for a foot of snow between now and Wednesday morning.

John

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLakeResort View Post
    Thats a bad time of the year, the Thielsen room will be closed that weekend. Give me a call 800-733-7593 x 230 and we can set up something special for you on Saturday night.

John
    Thanks...
    No longer snowmobiling.

Like(s)

Well looks like we got about 5" of new since early Tuesday morning temp has been 34 most of yesterday and all night. So you no it is real wet snow and there was some rain also. All this wet will help to make a solid base. Remember I am talking lake level I am sure it snowed up in the riding areas.

John

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks john

Like(s)
    Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts

5" is good, doesn't compare to the 13" that the NOAA was calling for last night though!

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

trust me, they got better than 13 on the hill above the lodge

Like(s)
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Great info....for anybody who isn't local to Diamond Lake, it is worth the drive to spend a weekend there. There are hundreds of miles of trails and so many great play areas!

If you want an extra special snowmobile weekend, book for the President's Day weekend (Feb 19-21) as the Rogue Snowmobilers and Diamond Lake Lodge put on a great poker run. $3000 in cash prizes plus there are always at least $500 and last year we had more than $1000 in door prizes. Diamond Lake puts on a great buffet dinner and it is always fun, fun, fun!!!
    When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers.

Like(s)

Okay it warmed up a bit earlier in the week, we needed moisure and we got it. It then cooled down and set up nice. We have a solid base of 25" at the lodge. Remember this is at lake level all our riding is higher, conditions improve as you go up from here. Looks like powder on the way next week, should be awsome riding.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast