Thread: Costco Has Turduckens!

Like(s)
    Liked 25 Times in 14 Posts

Default Costco Has Turduckens!

I have been wanting to try one of these for a few years, ever since seeing them on "How it's Made". But they were only available via mail order, and run about $100. My wife just called and said Costco has them for around $40, and they are selling out quick. Even though she is not keen on the idea, she picked one up. Can't wait to thaw it out in a few weeks and taste that bird trifecta.

For those of you asking what a Turducken is. It is a de-boned chicken stuffed in a de-boned duck, which is all stuffed into a de-boned turkey, along with cornbread stuffing. It is then spiced up with some Cajun seasonings. They are generally produced in a way that lets you slice it up cleanly.

Like(s)
    Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts

I think we needs pics and a complete post up of how your tasty Trifecta goes!

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Ooooook...
    2011 Pro 155

03 Summit 550 fan

crosscreekgc.com

tournamentcut.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
    well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
    worn out, and loudly proclaiming
    WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As a loose general rule, I wouldn't rush out to eat anything who's name starts with Turd...

Like(s)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Like(s)
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Turduckens are awesome! I worked with a meat cutter who made his own every year for our Christmas party. Each part had a different kind of stuffing and somehow it all meshed together. The price sounds great (much easier too then boning out all those birds)! It seemed like he left the drumsticks on though so it really looked like a turkey. Enjoy it.