Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3085

Thread: sandmans log

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

FRIDAY!!! what happened to all the rain? heard all week the great storm was supposed to be here today, guess maybe its late want to ride this weekend, guess will just have to play it by ear and see what the weather decides to do. today and tommorow had the highest chances of rain so maybe sunday will be the day. change of the weather was bound to come, gets us just that much closer to the pow see they are getting a little snow in a few different places already, lucky bastages. trying not to get too excited, can still be a long while before it comes here. just want to get that first ride in on the new sled. in the words of the jerk, "thats all i need, i don't need nothin' else!" well that and 10 more feet of snow...

rambob stopped by the shop today. he's been playing fireman most of the summer. keeping all the firefighters safe so they can live on to fight another day. got a little of his insight on a couple of rides i'd like to get in this winter. nothing like getting info from peeps in the know suggested a couple of alternative routes, in case mine don't work out. figure might take a couple different trips of banging through the trees to reach my goals. it always looks sooooo easy on paper, heck its less than 10 miles on the map. but that can be a lifetime in the trees!

update: just let the cat in and its raining, so that means its snowing somewhere!
    Last edited by 89sandman; 10-12-12 at 09:47 PM.

Like(s)

sorry guys no ride this weekend. the little woman has been wanting to buy an extra car for the kids to use when they need one. so saturday morning she found a great deal on craigslist, good cheap cars are hard to find so you gotta jump on them fast. so we loaded up and headed north. ended up being well worth the drive for the car we got and what we paid! now we don't have to worry about having to loan out ours, sweet.

today we had the monthly grocery shopping trip. we always go once a month and spend 4-500 dollars so then i just have to stop by the store on the way home every once in awhile to pick up a thing or 2 we need. then did what i hope is the last mowing of the season, hit a fence post that had been buried up until now and ruined my push mower that sucks. better get another one, was mowing the lawn until december last year!!! so lets all think SNOW...

Like(s)

got my doo handgaurds in today the mount and gaurd are all one piece. need to get my cover out and see if i can run it with the guards on. probably have to face the guards down when the covers on. saw bachelor got some snow this morning. somebody should have gone up there and tore it up! extra points if you hit a skier while your there! pow is a terrible thing to waste...

Like(s)
    Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts

i agree you wanna switch out the secondary before you ride. it will make your sled easier on the belts. plus i gotta say. congrats on the new sled!

Like(s)

thanx, gonna hold off on any mods but the stuff that makes it easier for me to ride until i'm sure the body is up for the challenge. am already spending way more than i should, all the extras are just wasted money if i can't ride...

Like(s)

thinking about heading up high with the quad this weekend to get the first ride in some pow!!! i figure why waste a good thing. will be watching the radar real close to see if it actually comes.

Like(s)

just checked the weather report and seems to be holding on snow showers for the next week. know the temps here in the burg are going down to the fifty's all next week, brrrrr cold! in a couple of months that will seem like summer weather trench digger stopped by the shop today to show me the new sled deck he just built, must say he did a mighty fine job. he's got the frame totally done for under $200, still has the ramp and decking to go. even with superclamps he should be well under a grand. also got a call from catfreak today, he's thinking about getting back into the sport after a couple of years off. this sport seems to be a lot like being in the maffia, once you've joined there is no quiting

devin, you need to hurry up and buy that new doo. low snow shootout could be coming up anytime and i'd hate to see you riding the little womans sled! if you need any help finding a good deal just let me know. GO TEAM YELLOW

Like(s)
    Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts

I was lookin at the Doo's but I dont know. I rode a 2011 Summit and absolutely hated it and could not ride it. I felt like I was on one of my dads cats

Like(s)

how is this different from any other sled you've rode

Like(s)

awesome ride today, got to be up on the hill when the first snowflakes of the year fell looks like i got the first ride while it was snowing of the season!!! what i really want is the first ride on the snow...

Last edited by 89sandman; 10-20-12 at 09:17 PM.

Like(s)

Like(s)

great riding this weekend. was wondering if i was gonna go because the weather was looking so bad saturday. dedcided what the heck, might not be that many quad weekends left if the snow starts to come. needed to get the z400 out at least once this year. so loaded up and headed up little river. unloaded at black creek and headed up. my goal was french's junction this weekend, wanted to see a little snow and thats about as high as it gets. decided to go up the sunset saddle route, lots of awesome scenery this way and seneca had ruined my plans the last couple of weekends actually was gonna take this route the last time i unloaded but had 2 watchmen stop before i could get on the trail to make sure i knew that way through was closed. so instead of being chased and yelled at i took another route. but that wasn't going to be happening this weekend!

was trying to avoid the rain and man was it cold! two weekends before i was sweating and taking clothes off, this weekend had to switch to my medium gloves before i got 5 miles up the hill. got up towards the top of sunset and was stopping every half mile to take pics. like i said is just beautiful up this way. lots of hugh rock formations and with the fall colors were just too many photo ops to pass up. can look all around up here and see for miles, figured out the best route to try and miss the rain and headed on. got near the hemlock falls junction and even found a nice sun spot to warm up, awesome. so after my sunbath continued on my journey past hemlock lake and it started to snow!!! is about 4500 feet in this area and was getting heavier the farther i went.

rode straight through to buckhead and the snow had stopped and the sun was actually peaking out again so stopped and decided to have lunch. had a bunch of feathered friends join me. they weren't too impressed with the apple i tried to share with them but they most definatley love dorritos!!! thought i was gonna be attacked and one of them jumped inside my backpack trying to get the last of them note to self, next time bring 2 bags.

well before things turned into something written by hitchcock i loaded up and continued my journey. cruised through bear wallows and the skies began turning dark again. by the time i hit mud lake the snow had started to fall once more. continued on until i reached my destination and stopped for another break. some hunters came driving up and stopped to ask how to get back down to 138. asked if i had seen any deer and told them just 2 does up by the turn off to twin lakes. told them they'd have better luck closer to paved roads, since thats where most of them hang out.

made a couple of calls and sent a couple of pics then loaded up all my stuff and started to head back. was already past 5 and was supposed to take the little woman out to dinner so decided to just haul straight back. had a blast sliding around the corners and just riding hard back. just below hemlock you start to loose altitude and the snow turned to rain. had a good 10 miles left to go and nothing but dark skies ahead. sucked it up and went as fast as i could the rest of the way to the truck. my fingers were half froze when i got there and my pants were soaked through. had to take a couple of minutes to let my fingers thaw before i could load.

hit the road just before dark and saw my usuall dozen or so deer on the way down to glide. all in all was a great ride, even with the rain. did get to see the first snow of the season and made some new little friends. hoping to get enough snow by this weekend to have the low snow shoot out. been raining here pretty good off and on all day, but my insiders tell me theres only 2-3 inches up top by about 5pm today. so i'll be hoping for the best for the weekend, if i can't take the sled up then i guess it'll have to be another quad ride

Last edited by 89sandman; 10-22-12 at 08:39 PM.

Like(s)

was hoping to get to take the new sled out for its maiden voyage sometime this week but looks like the snow has all but stopped snotel shows 4 inches at diamond, not quite enough. thought it would build up until tommorow but seems its pretty much done. temps supposed to head back up sunday so looks like i'll be waiting for the next storm to come through, was close though...

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

I always wait until the first of the year anyway... I dont want to take a chance on wrecking my sled. I know, I know.... A scared man never wins! LOL
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion Graphics View Post
    How can you wait until the first of the year?!?!?!?! You're nuts!
    Not nutz... Smart! I have seen too much carnage over the years with early season rides. Hey when you have that kind of power at your thumb... You'll need the snow. 200+ HP isnt for everyone now LOL
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)

good things come to those who wait, the problem is i don't have any patience

Like(s)
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

First of the year? That is crazy talk!

Knee deep at 7,600' today...

Like(s)

did you ever wake up and have the feeling that something great was gonna happen today???

Like(s)
    Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts

sometimes. then it just goes away. lol

Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast