Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: sandmans log

Like(s)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Bottom of Kelsay

Once the bottom of Kelsay (Crystal Springs Jct or the lower part of Windigo Rd) melts out it most likely will not hold snow for any length of time again. What a bummer. There are a couple other ways to get to the fire area tho (the fire area will have snow for a long time even with this type of season). Sandman know the other ways to get there: ride with him..... if you're burly enough!

Like(s)
    Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rambob View Post
    if you're burly enough!
    I cant picture Sandman to be that kind of guy??? I could be wrong in saying so & it wouldn't be the first time either LOL.
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

sandman down, sandman down!!! ugh, i think i dislocated my shoulder yesterday feels like fire just to type. had to make the mangina trip home last night, crying all the way was a great day of riding even if i did have to gimp around with my shoulder almost the hole day, the pain, the pain... this isn't supposed to happen to me! did get some good pics and will do a post later today after i get hopped up on advil and koolaid

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Rambob we're not suppost to have to use them till april!

Movin we park the cat by the sand shed at Lemola and we do have a bear creek it loops around baily. We groom from the turn off at baily around the north side by the sand shed to diamond lake main trail (tube hill)

Ron look on the bright side there's not 5' of pow. get well

PS. Rambob the wife let's me know when I'm burly enough
    Last edited by gary ol kitty; 02-14-10 at 09:25 AM.

Like(s)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Sandman. I dislocated my shoulder years ago snowboarding on Mt. Ashland. It hasn't been the same since. I had to give up everything for about a year or so..... No insurance @ the time. I know I will be paying for that when I get older!!! OUCH

Gary is right, "Ron look on the bright side there's not 5' of pow. get well". And be ready for next year. I hope to hit it hard again.... Time will tell.
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP

Like(s)
    Liked 120 Times in 97 Posts

understandable.those cats are heavy

Like(s)

Default my mangina hurts!!!

man does my shoulder hurt!!! was hoping it would feel better after i rested it but no luck. gonna give it a couple of days to get better if not to the doctor i will go rode 3 creeks with greg and a couple of his buds. snow and coverage was really good, some pow that had settled for a couple of days. great traction and you could ride a ski pretty easy in the morning. i did discover a couple of things this weekend. one, the reason i don't like to go ride other areas is i don't get to be in front!!! riding second or even 3rd just is not for me 2, i was sidehilling on one ski and busting through wind lips having a blast when i roll to the right into one and my skis hit something under the snow and rip the bars to the left. this is something you don't want to do. man could feel my arm trying to pull out of my shoulder, had to pop it back into place and it took everything i had not to just fall off the sled and roll around on the ground screaming in pain. this really sucked cause it happened in the first hour of riding! i did man up and ride the rest of the day, luckily everyone had some cheese to go with my whine so all was not lost riding gimpy sucks!!!

we spent most of the day in the trees, crisscrossing the road up to the wilderness boundary line. got up on the side of one hill and it went whiteout!!! couldn't see much past the sleds. then headed over to moon mt. was cool to watch the sleds hit the bottom and then disappear into the fog found a swwweeeetttt drain that was perfect, we played on the top part and then me and allen decided to head down farther. love riding the drains, reminds me of a half pipe, always tricky down in the bottom. absolutely love this kind of riding, the more technical the ride the more i love it. this is where you find out who in your group has it and who doesn't. never know if the snow is set or half hollow underneath. so after awhile i stopped and could hear no one was following me so i head back. found my little group having a stuckfest party up towards the begining of the drain all together in a nice tight group, textbook!!!

boondocked most of our way back to the snowpark, was just about 5 when we hit the trucks. awesome day except for riding one armed!!! how many do you need? i found out that 2 are most defiantley better than one. killed me to have to leave, but there was no way i was gonna be able to ride a second day. i was right, woke up sunday morning and could barely hold my arm above my waist feels like someones in there right now jabbing my shoulder with a knife. at least it doesn't really hurt as long as i don't move it got some pics for ya', thats something i can do with one hand...
    tam/mcarthur ridge

whiteout!!!

is it a sled or submarine???
    Last edited by 89sandman; 02-15-10 at 04:32 AM.

Like(s)

stuckfest!!!!

Like(s)

NICE! Great pixs.
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP

Like(s)
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

More pic's! More pic's!

Sorry to hear bout the arm Ron......Now possiably I could keep up with ya

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm, looks like all polaris that are stuck, imagine that

Like(s)
    Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

To quote Bungee, "if you ain't gettin stuck Ma, you ain't ridin!" I think that sounds like him any ways!

Quote Originally Posted by 68 1/2 View Post

Like(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 68 1/2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondlakediva View Post
    To quote Bungee, "if you ain't gettin stuck Ma, you ain't ridin!" I think that sounds like him any ways!
    I know, I know..... Its because they are all twin powered! Triples would have made it too never be seen again!!! Or maybe there soooo stuck that you cant see them LOL
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP

Like(s)

i hate to be the one to point this out because i am a cat guy, but the sled in the bottom left corner is not a polaris, you can see the shovel standing up in the snow just to the right of it. i think they were just keeping each other company until i got back
    babied the shoulder all day and actually feels a little better, either that or the little guy in there with the knife is getting tired! few more days and a roll of duct tape and i'll be ready to go no pain, no gain! as long as it doesn't get hurt again. rappin' ron thats my name...

Like(s)
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

Ron....is Coen in one of those stuck pic's and if so which one is he???

Like(s)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Sandman down!

At your young age a minor dislocated shoulder is about a 4-6 mth injury....so go with the pain! Thanx for the pics. Come on over when you can: home cooking and a good place to crash (sleep not your sled)......

Like(s)

greg is the one at the top of the pic on the blue rmk, he's there in the pic grabbing the bars is just kind of hard to see him, allen is heading that way to give him a hand

rambob, sorry i didn't make it this weekend, but you wouldn't have wanted to hear me cry all night long for my mommy!!!! the chicken and pork chops almost got me to turn around and head back your way. would have loved to watch the pot hole grow larger on your big screen. will have to setup another weekend and i'll plan on coming over to ride with you. we can always meet half way hmmmm i wonder where that would be??? you should get a quad for the summer and we can cruize the dessert. 4-6 months without riding??? now thats just silly talk... already searching for industrial strength duct tape!
    Last edited by 89sandman; 02-16-10 at 03:11 AM.

Like(s)

so does anyone know if they've got any fresh up top??? thinking about going sat or sun if there is anything new, got nothing else to do and am sick of sitting at home. anyone up for it??? gonna check the snowcam here in just a few... arm is about 50%, pain has mostly subsided but could only do about 1/4 of a pushup yesterday!

Like(s)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Good to hear.......

Good to hear you're better: I've been thinking bout ya but I forget to call!
    Its a blizzard right now at my house, got about 3" of fresh since about 8:00 pm..... Wind is blowing like a sum*****.........

Like(s)

goodmorning robert! have been watching the radar and it looks like you guys up north are getting a little more than the rest of us. has been raining here most of the night so would hope its snowing up top but you never know. snowcam hasn't been updated since last night so will have to wait until morning and take a look at the pic. i'm feeling older today for some strange reason...

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast