Page 151 of 157 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3124

Thread: sandmans log

Let's talk Saturday. Got up top and turned down the unplowed road in near blizzard conditions to unload. So much for cloudy skies with sun breaks. Parked and started to unload, pulled the cover and jumped out of the bed to put it inside and wham, right on my butt! Sandman down 1. Finished unloading and headed up the hill, unfortunately the murder machine had gone through last week, luckily there was about 6 inches of fresh on it down low so not too bad. Had a 1st year partner today so needed to take it a little easy and get a feel for where he was at. Pulled the first climb and he got bounced so we met back up where the road meets.

Headed up to the middle road, went in through the trees and up over the Bunny Hill not to leave tracks right in, Nick was looking a little iffy here so headed back to the road and up to the burn. Got him warmed up, started doing some sidehilling and a couple of climbs looked like he was getting in the groove so cut through to the middle road. Hit it and tore and bounced our way up to the loop. Pow was soooo nice did the little loop around and played in the field before we hit the road. Got up to the road and decided to take the "shortcut" from out towards the Goat Road back over to Roberts Mountain. On our way there we were cutting through the trees and headed up a little hill, I somehow got sucked into a tree that tried to rip me off my sled. So I'm holding on with the thing pinned doing my best superman imitation on the seat, almost got the thing pointed downhill until the sled got too sideways and I was laying in the snow. Sandman down 2 Since the sled was already almost upside down rolled it over the rest of the way and hit the shortcut.

So very, very sweet going down through here, facefulls of mother natures finest, pushing a blanket of light fluffy pow all the way down, awesome There has been a 3 plus foot log down across the road for a couple of years but thought for sure by now someone would have cut it out, was I wrong. Came up to it and the hump of snow was 6-7 feet high in the middle. Thing was laying all the way across the road at an angle. Was pretty sketchy to try and go above and no way to go below so figured stand back on the boards, pull back on the bars and pin it, all the while hoping not to just plow straight into it. The Cat loved it, climbed right up and over and left a nice 3 foot trench to mark its' territory! Nick hit it a few feet over and stuck his sled straight up. Looked so cool, front end totally up in the air with about a foot of the front track showing. He grabbed the sled and yanked it down some before I could get the camera out but is still a great pic.

So a little digging and we're back on our way. Started to carve over to the climb but it went white out so was not to be today. Headed our way back up, more logs and drains to make it fun. Cut our way back to the middle road and Nick was really going so thought what the heck lets cut all the way across to Charlie Field. The trees are ultra tight in places here and we were cutting, moving and hopping over one after another. Came up to one that was covered with a 3 foot hump and figured I'd just go over like the last 50 before it. Wrong, the downhill ski caught that thing just where the loop connects to the ski. Ripped the bars out of my hands and I was once again doing my Superman imitation, only this time instead of laying on the seat I was flying over the front of the sled. Did a nice little flip mid air and landed on a nice fluffy pillow of white. Sandman down 3.

Luckily no harm to the sled sawed that thing out and thought we were gone, almost. Somehow where Nick parked he got a tree through his skid and he was going nowhere, so we had to cut another one. Cut that one and planted it right by our track. So if you see a half shaved tree out in the middle of nowhere it was from us. Free at last we were on our way. Pulled up a little hill and carved down the other side and went to plow through one of the many snow humps and bam, almost over the front again. Figured there must be a rock or something under there but when we dug it out just a chunk of rock hard ice. Up and out of there we climb another little hill and Nick's sled must of thought it was a Cat because it tries to climb straight up a 30 foot tall tree. Since it's just a Pro didn't quite make it, but kudos for the effort.

Luckily that was to be our last, should I say challenge of the day. Shredded our way over to the top of Charlie Field. Pulled the climb straight up on the first attempt. Made our way back up to the top of the middle road and just laid waste to it all the way down and through the Bunny Hill we turned around at 8 hours earlier. Hit the trucks just after 6 and loaded for the trip home. What a totally awesome day...
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Default Couple more photos from Saturday of our trip!

Name:  IMG_0981.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  48.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0970.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  140.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0968.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  126.5 KB

Welcome Nick! Sweet pics, did you get any video? Should have time and place all set up for Saturday by Wednesday. Hoping for some more of the same

yup still going through and pulling clips. should have up tomorrow. Sweet looking forward to what the weekend brings!!

Looks like great riding!!

Ugh, just checked the long range forecast. Right now looks like spring is coming early this year. Snow levels going up, up, up and very little precip for quite some time Hope this all changes but seems like they are only wrong when it's supposed to be great and dead on when it's supposed to suck! This could be the last good powder weekend for some time so if you can get out and tear it up this is the weekend, I know we are We do have some exploring planned and have been waiting for the pow to setup to do it so is not all bad.

On a brighter note the "Cat" has been let out of the bag! The 18 Arctic Cat is out and even some for sale after the 1st of Feb. New 800ctec engine and the updated Ascender chassis to go with it. Looks to be a total ripper. Gonna take one for a spin next month. Only bummer is I have to wait until the 19 season to buy a holdover, or do I...
    Last edited by 89sandman; 01-26-17 at 07:59 AM.

Here's a couple links of couple of the clips I got! Going to do a helmet mount this next time and keep the batteries warm so they don't die again..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=811I7ebFWrU
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TnQCtP5hyOs

Man that sure was some sweet deep stuff! Love the log climb, straight up to the sky

It was quite interesting

Headed south for the weekend, riding the Eddy's Saturday and then Shasta Sunday. They got pounded all last week so should make for an awesome weekend. Weather is showing bluebird both days, can't wait to tear it up!!!

Goodmorning from Weed, the smokin'est town in the usa We tore up the big mountain yesterday, headed back to destroy anything we may have missed! Always do a thourough job.....

A couple of quick ones from this weekend, more to follow

Name:  IMG_1039.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  101.6 KB

Couple photos from Shasta! Should have he video done by tomorrow

Name:  IMG_1013.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  96.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1003.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  93.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1014.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  157.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1017.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  68.5 KB

Would love to ride down there. Where did you go in at?
    Danny
    "09" Polaris RMK 800, 155"
    "02" Polaris RMK Edge 800, 144"
    "00" Polaris RMK 800, 144"
    "96" Polaris Ultra 680 "Triple"
    Plus, Tri-Z, Warrior, Predator, ThunderCat.

We rode out of Deere Mountain.

Get those pics turned, kinkin my fn neck. Looks like Sweet Riding tho....

STOP ALL GROOMERS.

Here's the video of Shasta. YouTube won't let me put music onto the video... but hope you guys like the clips

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5j5s_QwgnI

Untitled 1 The Movie, awesome! That climb up the outside of Ash Creek Butte is over a minute long, ssswwweeetttt! What happened to the video of the Cat taking the highmark inside the bowl Thanxs for the video Nick, is awesome to get to watch it on screen instead of in my head!!! Although in my head I'm a much better rider...

Been sick since Wednesday, still feel like crap but can at least breath today. No riding this weekend, don't think I'd have the strength to even roll it up and I can't ride in a straight line, BUMMER. Will be ready to go next weekend. Looks like Bachelor is going to be the ticket. Snowlevels down this way are going way up Should be some awesome fresh up that way by next weekend.

Nice footage of your rides! We are headed up today. It's snowing hard right now so I'm hoping it let's up a little by the time we get there.

For some reason everytime I try to post pics from my phone, I get an error message.

Suzie, how was the weather and pow yesterday? Just checked the cam and it's 38 now but at least it's not raining 58 in the Burg, almost shorts weather!

Page 151 of 157 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast