Page 105 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3115

Thread: sandmans log

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

the forcast I looked at mentioned rain 8 times all the way up to January 2nd. that's sad, so if theres really nothing coming until mid jan to even get a base its not looking good for any real riding for months. SUCK!!! sun is starting to come out here so i'm gonna go ride my bike got grandkidies coming over later so I think i'll get the little quad out for them again. looking like a quad ride for thanksgiving for sure...

Like(s)

two more days and then its ssssswwwwweeeeettttttt thanksgiving!!! nothing like 4 days off and no snow to ride I guess that's why they made quads...

Like(s)
    Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts

Like(s)

things are looking better all the time, don't know how much were gonna get sunday/Monday. next sat/sun/mon is looking awesome right now. lets hope, sure would be nice to have the skis hit the snow. would like to get a couple rides in before next year

a little listen for you. where ever you are layne there are those still listening...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Nco_kh8xJDs

Like(s)
    Liked 120 Times in 97 Posts

rock out.cool song

Like(s)

rock on moon!

going for my thanksgiving QUAD ride tomorrow, gonna head east and see if I can find some pow to spin my tires in. hoping to actually get the sled out next sunday if the forcast holds!!! gonna pull it out and start getting it ready, hopefully that will bring good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Like(s)

great day to tear up some pow was nice to see the sun again! the burg can be socked in for days and drive 10 minutes east and sunny blue skies. was also very nice that all the hunters are gone now. they are logging a ton up by hemlock lake. the loggers were the only other people I saw all day, was very nice. had to go past French's junction up to white horse meadow to find any real amount of snow. spent way too much time up there sliding around, doing cookies and getting stuck. should have brought my jack with me. by the time I got back down to the junction it was almost dark. I parked at the end of the pavement on little river so it was a long dark ride back.

my middle daughter bought me hot chocolate that comes in a can. what is sooooooo cool is you push a tab on the bottom and in 3 minutes its hot, SWEET! she bought me a case and I'm gonna go down and buy another. I will be the envy of all up on the hill just don't ask me to share, there's only enough for me.

a couple of picks of the thanksgiving pow I tore up. was all untracked until I got there...

bailey

white horse meadow

say goodbye to my little friend, see you next spring.

Like(s)

Is all that ride able on sleds once there is real snow? That burn on the lower left of Bailey looks awfully inviting too, Im wondering if that is the burn area we found last week!!! We were looking across at another burn that would have been right about where you are sitting taking that pic.

Like(s)

I need to look at my map but I would think the cuts in the burn are around the skookum area. all in between is open but there are no roads straight across connecting the two places. you go up Copeland creek to get to where I was, there are roads that connect the two area's but you have to go closer to 138. have to go into the shop today will grab my map and see. plenty of riding out that way but I can never find anyone who wants to go there.

Like(s)

Im all for new spots. The burn we found was East of Skookum but Im not sayin exactly where on here ;-) Thats gotta be the same one though

Like(s)
    Liked 62 Times in 47 Posts

Default sandmans log

You guys are so funny like that..instead of share it's always secrets???
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Like(s)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I know where those 2 clearcuts are in the burn and how to get there....Thats the Upper Vunderhund Area: Used to sled n shred it all the time before it burnt. Those are some of the highest elevation clearcuts around so the snow is always good and DEEP. They're not by Skookum tho.

Like(s)

Robert, I was hopeing you'd chime in, knew you would be the one to know where the goodies were will have to give you a call this week and get details. was thinking about it last night and might have an idea of where that is.

steve, secrets are a good thing around here if you want to keep the goodies all to yourself. if you let people know they will be sending groomers out in force so all the mtr's can get there. they need groomed trails so they can have fuel to "make it out to the good stuff." funny we always make it there with no grooming, guess our tanks must hold more fuel...

Like(s)
    Liked 62 Times in 47 Posts

Default sandmans log

Oh...if it's groomer related I understand. Taken a few peeps is one thing, when the town shows up that's bad. Man I wish WE had that problem around here. So few a "great" spots to ride...really tho most folks around here are happy to stick to the trail -I /we use the trails to get to the play spots more quickly..or sometimes legally (sometimes not)
    When the Sierra club told me to "be more green". I thought they meant to buy another Arctic Cat.

Like(s)

well looks like the great snow is off. its 40 up top right now and snow levels will be pretty high again tomorrow. the rain they had for next weekend is now gone, replaced by highs in the mid 30's with sun. should have known better than to get my hopes up!!! so quad season continues for awhile. now I'm just hoping to get my first ride in before new years sssssssoooooooooo LAME. oh well I guess it will save me the trouble of moving my sled and starting to get it ready did get my lawn mowed again and gutters cleaned out. looks like i'll be mowing into next year at this rate.

so have a couple more pics from this weekends ride. some losers burned down the mud lake shelter so it is no more.

the pond at bear wallows is froze.

sunset at the meadow.

Like(s)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Been there rode that burn Last year!! I know where it's at

Like(s)

wondering if were gonna get to ride it this year??? we got a dusting last night and its still raining on 58, seems we southern peeps can't catch a break! epic failure...

Like(s)

get ready for the arctic blast, gonna be frozeburg by morning! highs just above freezing, this is easterner stuff, not for us valley folks think I'm gonna were an old pair of my riding boots to work tomorrow to try and keep my little piggies warm...

yakso falls

Like(s)

another fight and I slam the door on another battle in our dirty little war...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MkFQHScyti0

wipe the blood from your halo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBbyr...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by 89sandman; 12-04-13 at 08:12 PM.

Like(s)

anyone up for a ride Saturday if the storm comes through on Friday???

Page 105 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast