Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3121

Thread: sandmans log

Hello all, this looks to be a very active thread. Maybe the right guy will read this as i am looking for a little bit of info. first off i am new to the forums so i will introduce myself. my name is Hutch and i currently live in Reno Nevada and ride all over the sierras from the lassen area all the way down to sonora pass. Anyways, I have family that lives at the base of the Warner Mountains in New Pine Creek. I know that people ride up pine creek to lily and cave lake, and further up to Dismal swamp area, but am wondering if anyone has ridden a little south of there around mt Vida? I have been all over that area in the summers, but never on a sled in the winter. it looks to be promising country, but would like a little insight from some locals. I plan on heading up that way for some riding with a few buddies this winter.

My buddies and I are all experienced riders, that love boondocking and of course the occasional steep chute/hillclimb. Could the warners provide this, or should we look into travelling to another area for the day? we dont mind driving 2+ hours to get to the good stuff!

Sorry for the lengthy post, i just want a little insight from the guys that would know best! and if anyone would want to "show' us around one weekend, were all for that!

Feel free to private message me if you want, and thanks!

Welcome Hutch, can't help you with any of your riding spots the furthest south I've ever rode is Mt Shasta, but maybe someone who has will chime in.

Me and John noticed this Saturday when we stopped for goodies and breakfast. If you read the fine print it says if it snows more than 6 inches at Bach you can take the day off. Showing my boss that in the morning so he knows where I am when I don't show up Hoping for some more fresh here the next couple of days like they forecast. Seems they are getting worse every year at predicting the weather, the more pow the better for Saturday! Diamond is reporting 17 inches of new since Sunday, sounds oh so ssswwweeetttt...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 89sandman; 12-07-16 at 09:29 PM.

sold mine.sleds are stinky and noisy.LOL.

Maybe it's time to take up skiing! It does get to be expensive having to buy a Subaru and a lifetime supply of granola...

My boss bought some of that "get out of work" liquid for our end of year meeting this week. I didn't get to read the fine print, but I'll let him know about it.

Gotta head east of Sutherlin on Tuesday so hopefully not too terribly deep down that low.

There will be no pow east of Sutherlin after Saturday, me and John are going to tear it all up!

Anyone looking to ride Bachelor tomorrow? Is raining down here and looks like almost 4 feet there right now with more coming and a foot of that was in the last 24 hours. Would love to bust a couple of feet of nice fresh pow!!!

Well no takers for back east so I'm heading south to "The Secret fields" in the morning I didn't want to ride over the hood pow all day anyway, that stuff sucks...

I LOVE TO RIDE, have I ever mentioned that Well ended up riding at home with some of the KFall guys. Coverage has really built in just a week, we drove to the bottom of the loop last week, this week you couldn't go past the highway, swweeetttt! Going up the snow was so very thick, like a ice breaker cutting through ice. Took one of my "shortcuts" and spent quite a bit of time checking snow depths The 3 inch has no problem finding terra firma! Buried it so deep one time took me a half hour to do a "self rescue" Weather was sunny one minute then snowing, then socked in. Made it over to the burn and it socked in and my goggles were just sucking, boondocked over to the west side and back down to the trail and they just kept freezing over.

The ride down the west side of the loop was "epic" as Devin would say Snow was awesome and untouched, carved the crap out of it. Got some jet ski action going and the Cat will carve so tight a couple of times it was all I could do to hold on, made me feel sorry for John who stayed home sick, poor John! This weeks forecast is looking great, can't wait to head back up Saturday.

Man if I didn't have a dentist appointment tomorrow I'd take the day off and tear it up!!! Just looking at the sun and blue skies with all the fresh on the webcam was KILLING me today

We are getting so screwed right now. Storm is hanging at the Cali border, have windows up for the radar, Mt Shasta, Mt Ashland and Diamond cams, Ashland is getting hammered, Shasta is getting some and we have not got one snowflake I keep trying to push the storm up north with my finger on the radar but it's not working!!!

I went to sleep in hell and woke up in heaven!!! Looks like Santa came early this year, man I must have been a really good boy I'll have to let my wife know...

Its just dumping here in bend!

I'm stuck at work!

I might be "Sick" tomorrow.

Time for a Yard Shred Session tonight LOL. Wonder how many sprinklers heads I will have to fix in spring this time in my field LOL. Slowly been replacing the field sprinklers with big pop up ones. I broke 3 last winter with my snowmobile haha.

I am sick today. Guess Santa checked his list and found out I was more naughty than nice and sent us rain all day We were soooo close, was in the teens on 58 all day. So looks like we are headed north for the weekend.

Anyone riding anywhere but 3 Lakes tomorrow. Thought we were heading north but I guess that deal fell through. Really don't want to go ride the slush, nothing up there I'm interested in if there is snow anywhere else!

Groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, groomers suck, GROOMERS SUCK!!!

What a day Unloaded to sunny skies and 7 degrees. Coverage is getting awesome, banged the trees quite a bit today and didn't bounce of anything but pow. Unloaded to what looked like waves of mutated snow. No problems there we were headed to higher places. Got around to the bottom of the loop and the suck azz groomer had come through ruining pow so mtr's can can get their jollies. Can't they stay up at the lake so all the peeps can get out to the good stuff up there? People down this way can get to the good stuff on their own, please stay away, far far away, I did say please! So had to stop and get a pic sitting in the carnage of corduroy these pow murderers leave behind. Pow is a terrible thing to waste.

So this was really no problem for us we were headed up the backside where no groomer has gone before. Pow got better the farther we went up. Got to the creek crossing and it had froze mostly up so the water was twice as deep as usual. Nice little twist to make the ride a little more adventurous. Sweet little ride up this way with plenty of trees and logs to keep you on your toes. Nice deep holes and plenty of wind drifts to destroy. Always love coming over a 5 foot drift and landing rolled up on one ski and blasting up and out the other side. All kinds of cool obstacles.

We came up to the downed tree that marked the bottomless pit of he!! but someone had removed the sign. So unknowingly I jump over it and began to trench my way to China. Then John thinks he'll just go up and around me and show me how it's done, wrong. Once you have passed the into the pit there is no going back, or forward for that matter only down. He sunk like the Exxon Valdez before he could even get to me. So we got to spend some quality time practicing snow and tree relocating, quality male bonding time.

After escaping the pit we shredded our way to the top of the pass popped out on the road and there lay more of the work from the pow killing groomer. Such carnage and waste. Had some lunch and then back into the trees, snow was excellent for getting around, until you get off your sled and sink to your waste. Got off on the downhill side once and could barely climb back on! Found a nice little bunny hill for me to get stuck on, a real confidence builder. Thought we'd bang our way into Connie Lake and almost did but darkness reared its ugly head and the time to depart had come.

Hit the truck just before 6 and loaded up for the journey home. May head back up in the morning depending on how my old bones feel.

Great day out in the pow. Got the sled washed in that nice clean cold mountain water. Was able to make sure my shovel was still in working order from last year and was able to test out the scratchers on that rock hard corduroy. Seems everything's is in working order for the season.
    2012 800 pro 155
    2007 phazer
    1986 bravo

Name:  20161217_123457.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  123.8 KBsome of the good stuffName:  20161217_145208.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  79.3 KB
    2012 800 pro 155
    2007 phazer
    1986 bravo

Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast